17 || Dreaming

Cellophane - FKA twigs

Olivia's P.O.V

I stood outside Zion's door...hesitant on knocking or not. I knocked and he said "Come in." So I did.

I stood in the doorframe and Zion's hand raised. It was too late before I figured what he was holding. He pulled the trigger and then...I woke up.

I jumped out of bed feeling around my body to see if the gunshot wound was real. When it wasn't I let out a relieving sigh. I walked out of my room and headed to the other side of the house. Im gonna go sleep with Zion because i've been having nightmares lately for no reason.

And I know what you're thinking. Why go sleep with the person who is the monster of your nightmare? I don't know! Zion makes me feel...safe.

Thinking he'll be sleeping y'know at 2 in the morning I opened the door to creep inside. What I saw when I opened that door. Broke my heart...

It was a silhouette of a woman. Illuminated by the tv. Throwing her head back and riding Zion. He was supposed to be MY boyfriend! Do I confront him right now?

I decided not too. If this was fate that means Zion and I were never meant to be. I dropped my head down, leaving the door open and walking away. Tears fell down my cheeks. I wiped them quickly. I won't be a victim to a broken heart. I got this broken heart...knowingly that I could never have Zion fully. What was I thinking? I crawled back into the bed and covered myself in covers until morning. I cried myself to sleep even though I said I won't cry.

Morning came around and I went into the bathroom, staring at my reflection. When will I ever be enough for him? Am I not as beautiful as the girl he was with last night? I frowned and started to brush my teeth.

I'm not beautiful at all. I don't know how he would even have feelings for me.

Afterwards, I went downstairs and sat at the island waiting for the chef to prepare breakfast.

Zion came around the corner and entered the kitchen. He sat down next to me and I moved one seat over. He looked at me confused.

"I wanted to ask. Why did you come in my room late at night just to leave? Not even come lay with me?" Zion's deep soothing voice filled my ears.

Lay with him? Why would he want me to lay with him when he was clearly fondling with another woman. How dare he? I wanted to rip him apart right then and there.

Nick then entered the kitchen with his booming voice. "What's cooking chef?" and he sat at the end of the island near me.

If Zion can go and be with another woman then I can certainly entertain Nick. And just to be clear this is me doing this out of spite.

I got up and sat in Nick's lap. His eyebrows jerked up and asked "What am I doing?" But he seemed to be turned on in this short amount of time.

I told him to shut up. Meanwhile Zion was staring rather hard. I placed my lips on Nicks and started to kiss him. He kissed back. The kiss started to become intimate before Zion rushed over and pulled me off. Harshly at that. I landed in a chair, scoffing.

"What. Are. You. Doing?!" He yelled at me. I smirked in his face. He doesn't like it now does he?

"Is this some sick joke to you Olivia? Why the hell would you do that. I thought we were getting somewhere with this? With us?!" He sounded hurt almost and that made me kind of regret doing what I just did.

"I kissed Nick out of revenge. Because you were with another woman last night. Fondling her body and kissing her neck. How do you think I felt Zion? I was hurt! I cried myself to sleep!" I yelled at him. At this time the chef was finished preparing breakfast and Nick excused himself.

"Woman? What woman Olivia? I was alone in my room watching a movie. What woman are you talking about? You came in my room and then left. Leaving the door open at that." Zion retorted.

I sighed. We seriously have to stop arguing. This is ridiculous. Maybe what I saw last night was a figment of my imagination. Just as I had a nightmare of him pulling a trigger to kill me.

Zion let out a dry chuckle. "Olivia, I wouldn't do nothing to hurt you. If I actually want this to work. I mean't want I said when I said that I have feelings for you."

I smiled and wrapped my arms around his frame to hug him. As if we didn't just argue and I sort of cheated. "I'm sorry." I whispered into Zion's chest.

He didn't say anything but wrap his arms around my small frame and rest his chin on the top of my head.

"We better eat breakfast before it gets cold." I told him. I let him go and sat down. Nick entered the kitchen again.

"Are you guys finished? Because I swore the house was going to go up in a big explosion." Nick said with exaggeration. Zion and I chuckled in union.

"And Olivia, there's more of that where that came from." He blew a kiss.

Does Nick not have a wife?! I met her like once of twice and never seen he again! Yet he's here trying to make me a damn mistress instead of being with his wife.

Zion punched him on the side of his arm. "Mines." Zion said in a growl kind of.

"Okay, Okay. It won't happen again...for now." Zion was going to punch him again because his fist clenched up but Nick threw his hands up in surrender just in time.

"What are we going to do today?" I asked Zion. He said that we are going to file papers and have lunch with a few business partners. Notice how I said "WE" because I care about you and need you."

That made me smile. Zion does care. The only reason why I'm like this is because of past relationships. I need to get over that hump and trust Zion with my heart. Because I love him. I have to love him. Hell I committed murder for him and I'll do it again!

Curiosity ended up getting the best of me and I asked Nick. "Hey Nick, where's your wife? Uh, Marissa?"

The aroma around Nick changed and his face dropped to a sad one. "Uh, she um, left me. While pregnant with our first child. But then she lost the child, blamed me and that's when she left. She ended up joining the enemy's side and so on."

What he said hurt me. Why did she blame him for losing the baby. Then joining his enemy in torture. That's just despicable. No wonder he's trying to get with me. He's lonely. But i'm with Zion now. Maybe next week i'll help him find a girlfriend. Like love matchmaking!

/-:-:-/—/::-/-//::-//-

A/N

Hey guys sorry for taking so long! As said on my message board! Had a wisdom surgery so I had to take a break and deal with pain! Chapter 18 will be posted on Tuesday after I finish editing. :) Thank you for reading. Don't forget to Like, Vote and Comment!!