Ep. 10. Clearstar

Nopaw woke up huffing. She was again a cat. But she was laying in medicine cat den. Mousepaw was lying next to her asleep. She tried to remember what the dream was about but couldn't remember. But why was she so scared then? Why was she worried? Someone shuffled in the dark. "You're finnaly awake," Gillfeather approached(how do I write it??)her. "My sympathy,"she mumbled." Wh-what are you talking about? "Nopaw asked but she already knew. She knew that Dandelionpaw was dead. She had killed her with her own paw. No, not her own. Someone else's. Gillfeather sighed:" Dandelionpaw is dead. " Even thought she knew it it still hurt a lot. She didn't cry. More like felt her blood on her paws again. On her face. On her soul. "Who is Clearstar?" Nopaw asked without even realizing it. "C-Clearstar? She-"Gillfeather was interrupted by Nopaw:" She? " Gillfeather grunted:" Yes, she. She was the founder of Snowclan, "Nopaw's fur rised on her back" She was a noble and good leader. But she passed away recently, Pinestar took her place." Nopaw could see sorrow in the medicine cat eyes." She died of greencough. Even thought she had 9 lives she spent them all to protect her Clan,"she added nastily:" Luckily we don't have that self-loving mousebrain anymore."" What? Venomstar died?"" What? No! He has 6 lives left. He escaped to save his own selfish butt. We don't call him Venomstar anymore. Now he is Venom." Gillfeather hissed"Who is the new leader then?"Nopaw asked." Noone yet. Heatherlight died in the battle. Like most of our warriors. Oh, Heatherlight would've been such a good leader. "The medicine cat sighed sadly. Nopaw was sad too. She had liked the young she-cat." But what about Clearstar? Why did she choose Pinesomething as her deputy?"Nopaw tried to bring the talk back to Clearstar." She didn't. Noone did. I was her deputy but I was banished for having kits with a cat from another Clan. Right after that she fell ill. She couldn't appoint the new deputy and soon died. Pine was chosen to be the new leader." Nopaw could see even more sorrow in her eyes if that's possible." Wait, so you were a SnowClan cat?"Nopaw asked unbelievengly." Not anymore. But I'm still the daughter of Clearstar. The first of second generation and the mother of third generation first litter."Nopaw was amazed how bravely she revealed her roots." If I was you I'd better get back to sleep. It might be too much to take currently."Gillfeather said and before Nopaw could answer anything she put some poppy seeds into her mouth and Nopaw fell almost immediately into deep dreamless sleep.