Ep.17 Naming Ceremony

"Mom! Mom!" Sharpkit's little nose nudged Noheart. "It's our naming ceremony!" Noheart was up with one second. She started immedeatly grooming Sharpkit but the tom dodged and nudged his adopted mother towards the Grey Puddle. Noheart let him past and went to take his sister on instead. Flakekit was still sleeping. Noheart softly whispered in her ear:"It's your naming ceremony!"Flakekit bolted towards the Gray Puddle but Noheart caught her." You have to look nice young lady!"Flakekit had gained much more confidence lately. Riverstar's voice echoed over the camp" Let all the cats old enough to catch their own prey gather here around the Gray Pool. Flakekit bounced there Noheart on her heels. But waaayy slower. She couldn't move fast because of her unborn sweeties. Whitefoot went to help her. "We have gathered here today to annouce the new appretices. Sharpkit and Flakekit! Sharpkit! Step forward. Sharpkit bounced forward but tripped and landed in the puddle. His legs could easily bring him to surface again but the water was still over-head for a young appretice. Gasping for air he splashed out and stood front of Riverstar, shaking. Riverstar smiled at him- 'he has never smiled that way to me!'Noheart thought- "I, Riverstar, ask our warrior ancestors look down on this kit. He has reached the age of 6 moons and is ready to be made an appretice. Until you become a warrior you will be called Sharppaw! Your mentor will be... me." Noheart gasped. Sharppaw was Riverstar's appretice! But Riverstar continued:" Flakekit step forward! "Flakekit stepped forward. Her expression was serious." I, Riverstar ask our warrior ancestors look down on this kit. She has reached the age of 6 moons and is now ready to be appreticed. Until you earn your warrior name you will be called Flakepaw! Your mentor will be Mousefang!" Noheart was the first one to chant :" Sharppaw! Flakepaw! " Suddently she felt pain going trought her body. She collapsed on the mud and yelled:" Help!"but noone heard. They were too busy to notice. Someone still heard."Noheart!" Riverstar rushed to his daughter making cats'heads turn. "Are you ok?!"
"No you mousebrain! Get the medicine cat!" Everyone gasped. Noone dared to call the leader so. But the big tom ignored it. Gillfeather was running towards her Creamstripe after her with needed herbs.
-
"And then you just exploded everywhere with kits!"
"Yeah!"
Sharppaw and Flakepaw were explaining Noheart what happened after she passed out. "Exploded?"
Sharpkit and Flakekit nodded. Whitefoot and Mousefang chuckled. Applefang smiled warmly. "Let's name that grey one with white paws Harekit!" Flakekit offered. Everyone agreed. Whitefoot said:"And maybe the white one Dandelionkit?" "That's amazing name!" Sharpkit muted Noheart's answer. Mousefang laughed:"And the blueish-gray she-cat Rainkit!" "Yes!" Flakekit and Sgarpkit yelled the same time. The queens shushed them. "Why not name the blue tom with white paw, Dovekit?" Whitefoot nodded." And maybe the grey with stripes would be Mountainkit? " Sharpkit whispered. Everyone agreed. Applefang finnaly said:"I think the blue tom should be Bluekit." Everyone went silent. Then slowly Noheart nodded tears in the corner of her eye:"Good idea,"