65

.
.

N "Who are you? With this question he went numb. His eyes welled up.

N "Excuse me! Aap kon hai? She sat on the bed distancing herself from him.

K "Naira, Main..Tum..he didn't find any words to explain. His heart has already lost its capability. Composing his mind he tried to clear his identity.

N "Hello!! Are you there? Tum ho kon! aur yaha...

K "Naira, umm, actually I am your friend. Tum.. Tumhe.. yaad nhi hoga nah..he muttered nervously.

N "Ohh.. really! I am sorry. But I don't know you. She said casually.

He never ever had imagined she would forget him. But destiny was always cruel to him.

K "Naira, how are you doing? Are you okay? He was going to touch her. But she didn't let him. Kartik took it back cursing himself.

N "I am fine. Thank you. Now please go. I am little uncomfortable. She said adjusting herself.

He faintly smiled at his fate. She is now keeping herself away from her Kartik.

K "Take care. And she nodded.

He left for his home directly. And she looked at the door.

N "He is so strange. vo ro kyu raha tha. Oh Naira. usne kaha vo tera friend hai maybe isliye.

___

Kartik went back to his home. Not talking to anyone, listening to anyone, shutting his door. He fell on the ground screaming. Letting his sorrow to came out.

K "How can she say this to me. vo mujhe kese bhool gyi.

Suddenly her shadow came in front of him.

N "Kartik, she was going to touch him.

K "Mere pass mat aao. Mere pass mat ana tum. I hate you. He said coming near his balcony.

N "But I love you nah. She said smilingly.

He smiled weakly. And continued.

K "koi pyaar nhi karti tum. Nhi karti tum mujhse pyaar. Pyaar karti toh mujhe nhi bhool jati. Ye hai na tumara pyaar! He asked sarcastically.

N "Kartik, tum toh mere dil me ho. Mera dil Tumhe kabhi nhi bhool sakta.

K "oh please! Ye Dil bil ki baate mat karo mere sath. Mujhe ab kuch nhi sunna. Kuch nhi samjhna. Just leave me alone. He held his head in frustration.

Realising what happened he looked around only to find no one there.
A lone tear fell from his eye.

K "tum bhool gyi Mujhe Naira. You broke your promise. Tum bhool gyi Mujhe. He said resting against the wall.

___

Later she got discharged from the hospital after 1 week. He always came to check her. But he never came in front of her. He just wanted to see her beautiful face once in a day.

Crying in the night, sleep was far away from his eyes. Unknowingly hers too. The difference was he knew the reason but she had no clue.

___

After 1 week,

She was very much better. So family suggested her to roam around. She decided to go to office. Nani was there too. She was giving all her updates to Kartik time to time.

Akshara tried to clear her doubt but she couldn't as her health was more important.

__

Nak "Naira, tu mere sath office chal. Tujhe acha lagega. He said smilingly.