Happy Birthday, Kurapika!!

Quick little author's note: The first few one-shots on here are being brought over from my other book which is also on Wattpad. I also post on Quotev, so don't be alarmed if you see these stories there, too. I'll take any requests. These will all be reader insert. If you have any questions, or requests, feel free to leave a comment!!

"(Y/N).." Kurapika mumbles, as he turns over to the other side of the bed. His voice is groggy and his eyes barely open. Once he realizes that you're no longer laying next to him, he's suddenly wide awake. "(Y/N)..?" The Kurta sits up, looking around your bedroom and finding it empty, "Where could she have gone?"

He climbs out of bed, and stumbles into the hallway of your apartment. He searches for you in each room, but can't seem to find you anywhere. The lonely Kurta let's out a sigh as he goes to the fridge to get a glass of water, but as he goes to open the refrigerator door, he notices a handwritten note. He snatches it off the fridge immediately and reads it with a curious look on his face.

'Good morning, my love!
I didn't forget about you, don't worry! Just go ahead and get dressed (casual clothes are okay) and we'll meet up shortly. Head to your favorite bookstore.
-Love, (Y/N)

"Hmm? What are you up to, (Y/N)?" His mind comes up with several different thoughts before sighing and shaking his head, a smile on his face, "Guess it can't be helped then.."

He quickly gets dressed, and makes his way to the bookstore. Once inside he searches the area for you but you're still nowhere to be found. The blonde man walks up to the front desk, asking the librarian, "Have you seen a (H/C) girl around? She's about this tall," He uses his hands to show that you're a little shorter than him.

The librarian nods, "She was here. She asked me to give you this." The middle aged woman passes a folded up note to him.

He quickly takes it from her, thanking her as he unfolds the notebook paper.

'I'm glad you made it to the bookstore safely. I miss you so much already! We'll see each other shortly so don't panic! The next step is to find your favorite book, and turn to the page of an important date. Love you!
-Love, (Y/N)'

"Favorite book? That would be..- in the fantasy section." He finds himself looking through the shelves until he finally sees his favorite novel, 'The Name of the Wind'

The cover of the book opens, and the smell of faint vanilla meets his nose. He pauses to think for a second, pondering what the important date could be. His first thought is your anniversary, the most important day for him. He quickly flips the pages to find the date of your anniversary, "Found it." Another folded note reveals itself.

'I'm sure it didn't take you very long to find this note. For the last step, meet me at our favorite cafe! I promise you'll actually find me there. I can't wait to see you!

-Love, (Y/N)'

"Do I finally get to see you?" Kurapika wonders to himself as he pictures your beautiful face. He can't help but smile at the prospect.

The Kurta rushes to get a cab, and hurries to the cafe. He's surprised at the scene he walks up to.

"Happy birthday, Kurapika!" You exclaim, as you embrace him, "I told you that you'd find me!"

"Indeed, you did," he let's out a sweet laugh and pulls you closer to him, "So, this is what you had planned?"

On the table closest to him, he notices a box with some candles set around it, some plates stacked together, and some birthday hats lined up.

"That's not all.." You gesture your hand to the door, causing it to burst open, a few familiar faces appearing.

"Happy birthday, buddy!" Leorio exclaims, as he exits the cafe building and makes his way to the table where you both stand.