iii. road trip

A dirty, torn flag was half buried in the ground when Kamille found it

A dirty, torn flag was half buried in the ground when Kamille found it. She pulled out the piece of cloth from her pocket and compared the two, immediately piecing together the resemblance. They were both white with three red spray painted stripes down the middle, a symbol of some sort.

Swallowing the lump in her throat, she pocketed the cloth and pulled out her pistol, walking around the abandoned services station on full alert.

It had been weeks since she had started her search, and this was the closest she had gotten to finding the arseholes that had taken Mía and killed Oliver. After taking care of Oliver to make sure he wouldn't turn, and burying him at the cabin, Kamille packed her things and went out with a plan to find those hunters.

Her first clue was going back to the hunter's body in the woods and searching him for something, anything, that would give her a signal as to where Mía could be. But all she could find was a stupid logo on his jacket pocket that she vaguely remembered the other hunter having on him before running away.

With that shitty piece of cloth as her only lead, she set off to search every place she could find with hopes of finding Mía. She owed it to the young girl and to Oliver after everything they had done for her. She couldn't let them be gone for good.

The abandoned services station caught her eye when she saw a broken gate up front, as if someone had resided there. After seeing the torn flag dug in the ground, she knew it had been them. They were there at some point.

No infected hid in any of the stores and all of the stores had been ransacked which further proved that a group had been there. There were empty cans of food laying around and dirty blankets left in corners – whoever these people were, they weren't clean.

To Kamille's dismay, the group hadn't left any signs of where they had headed next, making her stuck at a dead end. She spent an hour throughly searching the whole station, hoping to find an inkling of a clue, but she came up with nothing. Until: