xxv. a sudden realisation

"Victor, do you copy?" Morgan's voice came through the radio

"Victor, do you copy?" Morgan's voice came through the radio. "Charlie? Mía?"

Kamille grabbed the radio from the passenger seat of the pickup truck she was driving and turned the volume up to listen in.

"I'm okay," Charlie's voice came through. "Victor and Mía are, too."

Kamille breathed out with relief and focused on driving as quickly and safely as she could.

"I heard gunshots," Morgan said with concern. "You haven't killed any walkers with burns on them, have you?"

"No, but we are currently enjoying a leisurely stroll with some of them," Strand answered breathlessly.

"Stay as far away from them as you can," Morgan warned. "We've seen what happens to people who were exposed and it ain't pretty."

Kamille saw the house come into view and spoke into the radio. "Morgan, I'm pulling up. You here?"

"Almost," he said. "Start looking for the suits inside. I'll be with you soon."

"Okay." Kamille paused before saying, "Mía, are you alright?"

"...We're figuring this out, Kamille," Mía said, and Kamille couldn't tell if she was worried or not. "I'll talk in a bit."

Kamille parked the truck out front as she breathed out, saying a prayer in her mind. "Okay, I'll see you soon, Mía."

Massaging her head briefly, hoping to relieve the discomfort, she grabbed her knife and headed out the truck. She looked around at the parked up cars and the house that looked like it was in the middle of nowhere – it apparently belonged to the people who used to work at the power plant.

"Here goes nothing...," she mumbled to herself, before heading inside.

After doing a quick sweep of the place to make sure no infected were lurking about, she began to have a look around for wherever the hazmat suits may be tucked away. Morgan ended up arriving as she was looking.

"Find anything?" he asked when he saw her digging around in one of the bedroom wardrobes.

She looked up at him, glad to see he was okay, but shook her head. "Nothing in here. How's Grace?"