xx. better as friends

"How does it taste?"

Mía took a sip and didn't pull a face, to Kamille's surprise. "Not bad actually."

"Told you," Kamille said with a satisfied smile.

"I prefer hot chocolate though," Mía added.

Kamille lost her smile. "Seriously? We don't have milk anymore, so it's pretty much the same thing. Water and chocolate powder. Water and a tea bag."

"Yeah, but the difference is that it's chocolate and not a tea bag," Mía pointed out, before holding the mug out to Kamille. "Gimme."

Kamille sighed over-dramatically before trading cups with Mía, getting her tea back. The two of them were sat outside in the dark, planning to look at the stars as they always used to back at the cabin. It was a nice break to have with everything that had gone on lately, plus it reminded them of the old times, back when they had Oliver.

"You could never hate me, could you?" Mía asked randomly, eyes meeting Kamille's in the candlelight.

"Depends," Kamille played along. "You rob a bank anytime recently?"

Mía pulled a face. "Seriously? Firstly, there's no banks to rob. And secondly, money has no value anymore."

Kamille chuckled, wrapping her hands around her mug and trying not to feel the discomfort of the lack of her two fingers – she was still trying to get used to it.

"Would you hate me if I robbed a bank?" Mía asked curiously.

"I wouldn't even let you get that far," Kamille said knowingly. "Now, what's your point here?"

"Right." Mía seemed to remember where she was going with her comment and her nervousness returned. "So, you know how you wanted me to drop the whole you and Alicia thing?"