x. h2-no

Finding Al was easier than they thought it would be

Finding Al was easier than they thought it would be. After hearing her on the radio, saying she was in a car park near the hospital, they were able to track her down on the way there, laying by a car unconscious. She was alive, thankfully, but she was carrying a message from the strange woman who was after Morgan. The latter had recorded herself on Al's videocamera, a message for Morgan about how weak he was, whatever that meant.

Kamille didn't worry about that for the moment, as she was relieved to know Al was safe and alive. They were resting in a field that evening where they'd parked the van and were waiting for Al to wake up.

Luciana and Charlie were out looking for another car as the others were camped around a small fire. The sun was setting and everyone was exhausted from the day's events, barely speaking but grateful for the momentary peace. Kamille kept to herself, trying to think of a way to leave the group.

She knew she had to – she couldn't stay with them any longer. It hurt too much and being around Alicia made her feel so angry, angry at how much they had both changed and how things felt out of her control. Leaving was the only thing that made sense, and now that she knew everybody was safe, she needed to make her move.

Kamille was stuck in her internal dilemma, away from the group, when she saw June and John helping Al out the back of the truck. She couldn't help but smile as she stood up, approaching her with anticipation.

"Al," she called, earning the journalist's attention. "You're awake, finally."

Al cracked a small smile, still a little tired. "Nice to know I was missed."

Kamille rolled her eyes playfully as June and John nodded her way, leaving them both alone and joining the group. Al sat at the edge of her truck and Kamille joined her, glancing her way with mild concern.

"How are you feeling?" she asked, noticing the thin layer of sweat on her forehead.

"Been better," Al quipped with a halfhearted chuckle.

"You're so stupid for staying back there," Kamille said with a frown. "You could have died."

"Good thing I didn't," Al joked, "I–"