v. getting revenge

Kamille wanted to say something to Alicia

Kamille wanted to say something to Alicia. To any of them. She wanted to apologise for Nick's death, somehow make them feel better even though it would be impossible to. She just wanted to be there, despite the differences that they now had.

But she couldn't.

They were silent as they brought Nick's body to Al's truck and jumped into the back to find a place to bury him. Kamille was sat with Al, opposite the three of them. They all looked torn up over Nick's death and she didn't blame them. She was almost forgetting how different they were, and simply wanting to comfort them. But the hard expressions they wore reminded her that they still had vengeance in their hearts, now more than ever.

"Let's get this over with," Strand said sternly, breaking the silence.

Al shook her head gently. "We can– we can wait. At least until he's buried."

"You took us there, we'd talk, that was the deal," Strand reminded her. "Ask what you want to ask."

Al reluctantly pulled out her video camera and pointed it to Strand. "How did you end up here?"

Strand seemed uncomfortable. "That's a big question."

"Sometimes those are the easiest ones to answer," Al said, eyes glancing at her shoes in thought.

Strand looked to her with a raised eyebrow.

"There was one day where we could have stopped all of this from happening," Luciana answered instead.

Al was interested. "Let's start there."

"We took refuge in a baseball stadium," Luciana began. "It was safe, but the Vultures were parked outside, trying to intimidate us."

"How did you find each other?" Kamille asked suddenly, looking between the three of them. "I don't understand."

Strand straightened up, looking to Kamille with a pitiful gaze. "After the dam exploded, we were separated."