☽ 𝟯 : 𝗲.𝘁 ☾

☯︎︎

10:57 pm

"Well, sneaking out was very easy." I snorted to myself after I had arrived at the beach with a small laugh, feeling the cold breeze hit my naked legs with a slap, making me exhale sharply. The beach was almost 10 minutes away from home, and it was very nice to take a walk with no one around at this hour of the night.

I thought at least someone would be outside anyways, maybe driving home from work, adults coming back from parties, or college students getting drunk on the streets to have the time of their life, or even kidnappers lurking around the corner.

Seriously, no one was outside.

It was weird, but it was nice too.

If you think it in a logical way, it was the perfect opportunity for me easily get kidnapped by some creeps now. I had that much common sense in me to survive, but it was very peaceful already, and I can fight a...little bit maybe. I'm no professional black belt or anything, but I knew self defence thanks to school classes. And anyways it's not like this neighbourhood is bad, we moved here after years for a reason.

I arrived at the empty and calm beach and allowed my nostrils to dance with the amazing fresh and cold air. The smell of the beach was intoxicating to my veins as it entered my lungs and extinguished all the worries of my life within seconds and vanquished the pressure. I saw some of the waves jarring into the shore sharp rocks for a few seconds, going back into the depths of the sea shortly afterwards, causing me to smile to see the sand get wet from the liquid.

I took off my casual sandals from my feet, picking them up in my hands to walk closer to the water and admire the dark clouds above, while my feet danced with the sand specs beneath me, seeing the fact that the water was relaxed tonight. I was wearing some shorts with an oversized sweatshirt to keep me warm, thankfully seeing no mosquitoes around me that would voluntarily feast on my skin.

I stepped into the moving form of matter as soon as reached the shore, instantly shivering on impact at its influence. The shudders of utter tingles travelled all the way from my toes to my arms, making one of my arms hug itself around me to keep me warm while the sky shun some grey clouds, a little disappointed again to find no stars because of the pollution evaporating in the atmosphere.

Of course the water is freezing cold, so I debated on whether to retract me feet or not, but obliged to let them shower under the mercy of the pools of earth, drowning in a bliss of euphoria after humming a small tune.

I scanned and melted into the wind with a sigh, closing my eyes and hearing the sounds of the waves reach my drums peacefully with no cars honking or people chattering around me, thinking to myself that no matter whatever crap has been going on with me, might be happening for some stupid reason as it seemed like the universe wants me to suffer or something.

Not gonna lie, I literally wanted to sue the creator of life for gifting me with tragedy. Obviously I wasn't the one who suffered the most, there were tons of people who went through worst. But still, I couldn't get a single moment of happiness leading up to where I'm standing now. Not even a birthday was happily celebrated. It was that boring and mundane.

I needed this trip to the beach after a bad day with countless disappointing faces fading away into the back of my mind. I need these waves to wash a way all the sadness and pressure with its watery grace, almost as if I'm no longer a struggling 18 year old who has undeniable issues because people seem to hate her in the end, making her almost hate herself overall.