☽ 𝟲 : 𝗕𝗲𝗿𝗿𝘆 ☾

☯︎︎

1:09 pm

"What else happened in the meeting when I was gone?" I quickly questioned a bored looking Prince a curious tone while eyeing him with squinted eyes, feeling some of the pain fade away into small knots of prickly pokes that were irritating my skin.

"Well, the guests told us to research a few articles about The Divine or whatever, I didn't really pay attention, it was boring." He replied with a tired yawn.

"Hey! What if it was important?" I tried to act natural.

"You'll know everything anyways, just relax." He chuckled lightly, making me plant my hands on my hips to sass him before deeply exhaling.

"If you say so.." I trailed off sheepishly with a shrug after walking beside him after coming back to school from the hall through a bus ride, waiting for our dispersal in the next few minutes in small conversations about Marvel characters.

I tried my very best to hide the bipolar emotions I was feeling deep down inside my heart while keeping a straight face, making sure no one knows what the heck I was feeling, still not believing the fact that the literal meeting with Gaia happened not even half an hour ago, and on top of that, my life just became a freaking movie which has an unpredictable ending.

That was the worst part. I don't know what's supposed to happen next, I have no idea on how to function right now since I'm assuming Mother Earth would have a job to do and stuff with all the healing and mothering or whatever,  but no. That was not my job.

Whatever I came here to do, it was completely with him.

And he's not here, not yet anyways.

So I figured I'd just pretend everything was normal for some time, even though I knew it won't be normal ever again, still aiming in having a mediocre life again where there are not a million people trying to come after me and end me, there isn't a kingdom I have to look after, instead am having a decent conversation about superheroes with a chill guy, before seeing eyeing someone in the distance. 

I saw Adi, all wincing in pain because of his head injury that he for that day while sitting on a bench with his friends to talk among themselves instead of having a group of the popular kids around them, making me chew on my bottom lip as he looked absolutely vulnerable and broken, having a feeling in my gut to get an urge to help him for some reason, since I'd hate to be a bitch.

He's still hurt...

How am I supposed to digest the fact that he did this for me?

A slight push away would've been fine you know...

'He's Father Sky girl, if he punishes, he punishes hard. Especially when it comes to you.' Gaia chirped happily in my mind all of a sudden, making me gulp a cough after Prince was eyeing me weirdly, and I nervously grinned to hide my embarrassment.

Oh boy.

Don't blush now, you stupid.

"Hey, I'll be back in a minute yeah?" I quickly assured Prince in a rush before he nodded with an understanding grin at me, and then I made my way towards the wincing boy with a determined sigh, feeling a little nervous in talking to him after what had happened.

Adi was with his what looked like the inner circle of friends, while having a disgruntled face that clearly displayed discomfort, making me frown after seeing him purposefully trying not to talk that much, and as soon as they saw me approaching them, all the boys left Adi alone all by himself after getting up to leave with a scared expression after seeing me.