☽ 𝟰𝟱 : 𝗳𝗶𝗴𝗵𝘁 𝘀𝗵𝗼𝘄 ☾

☯︎︎

2:33 pm

• 11 days until the deadline •

"So we know she trusts you, right?" Eric asked me skeptically after noting something down on his notepad, and I immediately nodded firmly after being seated next to Zalius as expected, who was especially in a bad mood today considering what had happened in the past few days or so. It's been reported that Illusion is seriously nowhere near our tracking capacity, as the tracking wizard couldn't turn up anything even after using his powers, and it was almost like they took going into hiding to another level.

It's been a long time since the welcoming party had happened, and frankly speaking, that was the only day when we were all able to celebrate together as a family before legit going back to mission bring Illusion to hell, and let's just say everything is becoming more and more tense in the headquarters for absolutely everyone. We were nearing our deadline to the brim, and the damn deadline is in the next two weeks or so. So if we don't fix shit soon enough for the people to redeem themselves enough, other than me and Zalius, followed by our whole kingdom who is under our protection, possibly everyone else will be forced to be annexed by many kinds of nasty types of aliens, and that did not seem good.

I couldn't go outside either, not like it is of any surprise, as Zalius actually put me on house arrest after a few days of being in conflict in his kind, and never allowed me to leave, even if I was with someone. At first it wasn't that bad since I got unlimited food and nice company around me, but being Mother Earth has its demands. I cannot be surrounded by technology 24/7, it drains my energy to the brim and makes me want to sleep more, and let's also not forget the fact that I need to be outside in nature to feel good, but it came to the point where my safety was being put first over my energy healing.

It seemed really annoying in one point after spending countless of hours of playing boring board games and cuddling with Zalius' pillow until he comes back into our lovely bedroom late at night, only to not exchange that many words since he would be tired as fuck, before being babied in bed and going to sleep, and I wasn't even given the chance to do anything about it. I wanted to explore the city more because it was a new country for me after all, but as usual, I was trapped in this cocoon that was becoming too much for me to bare. I needed nature, but I couldn't exactly go against Zalius either. He was already always in a bad mood, I don't fancy fucking it up even more for him.

Word spread about the aliens taking over earth very quickly, not to mention the fact that the headquarters were in a mode of panic in the speed of fucking panic, almost every single creature was either paranoid or angry because of Katherine's appearance to take Zalius away from me, and they started to ask many questions. Especially the divine feminines of the whole population felt extremely territorial about their mates, since disrespecting me by saying that Zalius belonged to someone else was treated as a challenge, and this trigger was clearly seen in Ren too after he became even more possessive over Liam, since he's a the divine feminine of the relationship. But as I was saying, people rose questions to the damn charts, and they were freaking out over it.

Was she really part of the Illusion?

Was she working with the infamous dead serial killer Cutter's men? Or should I say, Carter Pablo?

Or was she just here to chase Zalius?

Did she get inside help from a mole in here for her witch disguise?