☽ 𝟱𝟮 : 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗻𝗲𝘄𝘀 ☾

☯︎︎

9:30 am

6 days until the deadline •

"This is outrageous!" A very frustrated and agitated Diana, who was sitting on the floor with Sofia and Rae exclaimed in the penthouse living room in resentment after throwing her arms in the air, as the rest of us, including me the guys, were seated together on the ridiculously ginormous couch to watch the news that was being showcased on the big fat screen in front of our sight.

"Local Minister Mr PeePeePooPoo Pants has been arrested for being a suspected part of the society of Illusion,"

"There's no way a guy like him was part of it. I thought he was a good guy doing charity." Sofia groaned out loud with a frowning pout.

"With further investigation, we have confirmed that the allies of his network to be as also part of the Illusion. They have been charged for conducting illegal businesses such as sex trafficking and poaching under the label of charity to hide their illegal activities." The news reporter announced in a serious voice after having to portray horrific images of the disgusting dude shoving everyone away from him while he was being dragged towards the court, while everyone gasped at the screen after being able to see multiple images of his deeds.

"There's your answer right there." I chuckled softly after coughing to myself, feeling a bit too cozy on my spot after adorning my body with his hoodie once again, not at all in the mood to get up or do anything at the moment even if Zalius wasn't here yet, while I heard one particular baby cry in the background with a pair of furrowed eyebrows, making me squint my eyes and almost flinch at the volume. I immediately shifted my gaze from the horrible scene on the TV to the upset little bundle of joy in Starley's arms, crying his heart out after wailing and sniffing over and over again.

"Oh good Lord, why isn't Davien here yet!? I can't deal with two crazy minions alone! I will sue him!" Starley whined a small whisper without wanting to discomfort her boys even further in exhaustion as Dariel, her second twin baby, started to cry in her arms, while little baby Dominic, the first twin, was almost on the verge of crying by being placed right on her lap, but seemed to be in a bad mood. It was like she was trying to calm down both the babies on her own without getting any results from Diana's help, because it seemed that both the twins were not being able to calm down from possibly anyone, and that itself did not settle well with me.

"Let me help you." I whispered to Starley after reducing her work by gently lifting Dominic from her lap, not at all knowing how to calm him down since I did not have that much experience with babies in general, but nonetheless saw Starley shush Dariel and Dominic crying a little bit after having his diaper changed, cradling his tiny three month old figure in my arms and began to rock him without another thought.

Something in me immediately clicked after holding a very newborn baby in my arms right after touching the mere beautiful creation under my care, making Dominic open his eyes and watch my cooing face in front of him through his probable blurred vision, as I followed Starley's steps into shushing a baby while she secretly instructed me on what to do, and it looked like it was working. Right after a few minutes of singing a small tune to him and making happy noises to let him know that everything was okay, Dominic just stared at me with curiosity lingering in his bright green eyes that had matched Davien's forest colour, and I loved every feeling of being about to nurture a child.

It just hit me differently. I was always under the thought of being horrible with children because I never encountered one. Many people around me in school hated babies, and I never vibes with that statement. I in fact used to love babies whenever I would see them in person, and right now? Holding someone so tiny and delicate that had naturally made me feel like a protection blanket around this innocent soul had ignited a part of me that I've never known before, and it was like I never wanted to loose this feeling, it was incredible. Just staring back at Dominic who was slowly starting to calm down naturally in my arms after attempts of singing a small tune and smiling brightly at him and made him make normal baby voices instead of wailing, and I think I can conclude that this was one of the best achievements of my life, there was no lie in it.