Moonchild

"So, why do your brother and Suga call you Moon?" Namjoon walked with his hands in his pockets, watching her eat her ice cream cone.

Sam looked up into his curious and handsome face, shrugging, "When I was like seven or eight, Jin asked me what I wanted for my birthday. It was the first one that he and my cousin had spent with me, since our parents had been married just after the one before." She finished her cone, wiping her mouth and hands with a napkin before throwing it away in a bin provided by the park, "I asked for a star from the sky...you know...like any rational child would." She laughed at the memory, "Needless to say they freaked out a bit. But, then, Jin proved himself a genius by explaining that he couldn't get me a star, because the moon thought I was too pretty and so it needed all of the stars to keep it company." She stopped walking since Namjoon had stopped to listen to her, "Unfortunately for him, I threw an absolute fit, crying about how I wanted to be the moon, then, so I could have the stars as my friends!"

"So you were headstrong and stubborn then, too?" he chuckled, smiling warmly.

"Yep!" Sam nodded her head, "If you think I'm bad now, you should have seen me as the spoiled princess I used to be." They continued walking, "Suga was quick, though, and calmed me down by saying I was already a moon in his and Jin's eyes. He said they'd grow up to be the biggest stars just for me, so I needed to stick by their sides and be the moon for them."

Namjoon laughed, "That's insanely...soft...for someone as hardassed as Suga."

"Don't let his mafia machismo fool you," Sam shot him a set of finger guns, "He's a big softy underneath that badass facade."

As they came back up to her door, Sam began chewing on her lip. She had spent one of the most fun, relaxing, interesting days with Namjoon...and she wasn't sure she wanted it to end. They had hung out so long he even already had his regular clothes back on, so she didn't have a realistic excuse.

She was going to have to be bold.

"Do you want to come inside?" she asked, pausing to look up at him expectantly.

He rubbed his hand over the back of his neck, blushing, "I'm...not sure that's a good idea, Sam."

She couldn't hold back her disappointed look, 'Oh, well oka -"

Suddenly she felt her back pinned to the door by Namjoon's body, a dominant aura surrounding them, "Don't get it twisted," he gruffed, "I want to come in." He leaned forward so he could lower his voice, "But I'm trying to be a gentleman, and if I step inside, I won't be leaving until Monday morning." He brushed his nose against hers "I want to do this right, Sam. I want to get to know you first," he barely finished his words before he was kissing her and making her head spin.

Cinnamon rolls. 

He tasted sweet and rich and addictive, like a warm cinnamon bun fresh from the oven, complete with icing and butter. The kind of kiss and taste that made her want to devour him slowly, worship his body and savor half of him right there, then save half for later in the middle of the day. It was hot, romantic, and controlled. It was intense and heady and, as he pulled back and smiled wide while looking into her eyes, it was over too soon.

"Another night," he promised, pecking her lips twice again, "When we're ready."

Sam wanted to groan and protest that she was ready. So ready. Instead, she returned his smile, her heart warming at the idea that he wanted to actually know her before taking it to the next level. As much as she knew she would be taking a cold shower as soon as she walked into her house, she cupped his cheek in her hand and kissed his prominent dimples before letting him go on his way. She watched as his long legs took him farther from her, waving when he turned around just before turning the corner out of her sight.