Chapter Nine

A|N

Hey guys!

Double update!

Keep reading, voting and commenting!

All the love!

Cara James

This can't be happening.

I didn't just see that.

I have to get out of here.

I can't do this.

I wiped my mouth and flushed the toilet, getting up and running my mouth under the faucet. The effects of the alcohol were still very present despite throwing up.

I stumbled out the bathroom and down the hall, my eyes lingering on the door that the man that had me believe he felt something for me, made me feel something for him. Made me possibly ruin the relationship with the one person I could always count on.

The man that hurt me.

I quickly stumbled down the stairs and text Kat because I knew if I went and found her she would have hounded me to either stay or for a reason I was leaving and I could do neither.

'Hey Kat, sorry I am far to drunk. I'm in my taxi home and I'll talk to you tomorrow. I have some bad news. Love you always, have fun and be safe.'

I quickly pressed send and made my way out of the house, walking down the streets. I have no idea where I am or how to get home but I'll just figure it out.

As if my night couldn't get any worse the heavens opened and the rain started pouring down on me. This is a literal nightmare. I stopped walking and sat down on the curb, pulling my phone out and ordering and Uber.

As I sat there everything just got the better of me and the tears cascaded down my face at an alarmingly fast rate. A text came in from Kat,

'Okay babe, be safe, I'll see you tomorrow. Love you always.'

I smiled through the tears at the text, knowing I am so lucky to have a friend like her. A friend I betrayed.

The Uber pulled up and I quickly got in the back seat, wiping at my eyes as he drove me towards my house.

"Rough night sweetie?" The man said with a soft smile, I laughed lowly and nodded as I looked to the middle aged man.

"You can say that" I mumbled. The driver seemed nice, he seemed around his early to mid fifties, his hair was white at the roots with brown mixed. His eyes were kind and full of wisdom.

"I'm sorry to hear that sweetie". He said softly making me smile back at him and show my head.

"It's okay."

"Here we are kid, I hope your night gets better soon." He said as he pulled up to my house. I nodded with a small smile and got out the car, walking up to my door and unlocking it. I stepped inside not in the mood for anyone dropping by tonight so I locked the door behind me.

I made my way upstairs and into the bathroom, stripping down and wiping my makeup off before turning the shower on and steeping in. The scolding hot water burned my back as I stood there trying to wash my problems away.