Chapter Eighteen

Cara James

"Harry I really don't think this is a good idea."  I said as he dragged me towards the front door.  I don't even think this is a bad idea, I know this is a bad idea. 

"She needs to get over herself, I'm aloud to have my girlfriend stay the night."  He said as he opened the door and ushered me into the house, closing the door behind us.

"Harry, seriously I-"

"Harry, baby is that you?" Have called causing Harry to groan and throw his head back. He grabbed my hand, tangling our fingers together before walking to the kitchen, dragging me behind him. Jane came into view, her back to us as she stirred something on the stove.

Whatever it is smells amazing.

"Mum, why do you insist on calling me baby? I'm a grown man now." Harry whined causing me to laugh.

He certainly didn't sound like one there.

"Because you'll always be my baby." Jane said as she wiped her hands on her apron, turning to face us. Her face lights up when she sees me, rushing over to wrap her arms around me. I let go of Harry's hand and returned the hug before we both pulled back.

"Mum, meet my girlfriend." Harry said and my eyes went wide, definitely not expecting him to say that.

Also, does he know that his mum has known me for a long ass time?

"Girlfriend?" Jane said with wide eyes as she looked between us. Harry grinned like a Cheshire Cat as he nodded and draped his arm over my shoulders.

"Okay...okay. Okay! This was unexpected but okay. Well, dinner is almost ready, why don't you two go grab a seat at the dining table. I'll be through in a minute." She said with a kind smile, we both nodded and headed to the dining room but I stopped a little bit before the door when I heard Kat nagging rose her dad about something. Harry turned to me and gave me a smile.

"Come on, you can do this. Be the bigger person, she's the one acting like a brat." He said with a shrug. I sighed and leaned back against the wall, rubbing my hand down my face.

Why is my life shit?

Other than Harry of course and usually Kat.

"I don't want to argue again, what if she goes crazy because I'm here?" I asked in a hushed whisper so she wouldn't hear me. Harry stood in front of me and took both of my hands, crouching down so I was now looking down at him. He kissed over my knuckles so lightly that if I wasn't watching him I wouldn't have known he had done it.

"If she goes crazy then she goes crazy, not much either of us can do about that. Come on, I'm starving." He said as he stood back to his full height. I smiled and shook my head at him as he walked into the dining room, I trailed behind him silently. We took our seats across the table from Kat and you could cut the tension in the room.

Be the bigger person Cara.

"Cara, it's such a surprise to have you over. Katherine said you wouldn't be back for a while." Christian said with a confused look on his face, eyebrows furrowed and a slight frown as he turned to Kat with a questioning look.