Chapter Twenty-Seven

Cara's PoV

No.

No, no, no. Fuck no.

My hand was tightly grasping Harry's, so much so my knuckles were turning white and I'm sure Harry's hand was in pain.

"Well are you going to just stand there or are you going to greet your guests?" My mother asked with a raising eyebrow at me as he hands were on her hips. I gritted my teeth together and took a deep breath through my nose, all the chatter in the room stopped and the attention had turned to my mother, Harry and I.

"It's nice of you to finally join us."  I mumbled, feeling the anger within me get to boiling point.  She sighed and shook her head.

"How many times do I need to tell you Cara, stop mumbling.  Nobody can understand you."  She said in her fake 'I'm the best parent in the world' voice.

"I heard her just fine and I'm partially deaf."  Mr Smith, one of my grandmas friends from her book club said from the other side of the room making me turn to him and give him a thankful smile.

"I'm sorry, this is between my daughter and I." My mum said with a pointed look to the man that tried to take my side in all of this, immediately I interrupted her.

"Have some respect mum all he said was that he heard what I was saying. Your attitude is rude and uncalled for." I say, feeling good for just a second because I finally stood up to my mum but that quickly went away due to the look of pure venom she sent my way.

"Don't you dare talk back to me, I am your mother so maybe it's time you have a little respect for the woman that raised you." She said quietly so only I would hear her as she stepped so close that our noses were almost touching. I was quick to step away from her whilst shaking my head.

"That's the thing, Kimberly, just because you gave birth to me doesn't make you my mother. I was raised by Jane and by grandma, you were never there, you didn't care about anything or anyone other than dad and Nate. You couldn't even make the time to support me this past couple of weeks when I lost the only person in this family that gave a shit about me. You all left me to plan a funeral by myself while trying to grieve the loss of my grandma. I think you should just go."

Oh.

My.

God.

I feel the most of the weight that has been on my shoulders from keeping all of this to myself lifting off, finally getting relief from saying what needed to be said.

"How dare you embarrass this family! You should thank yourself there are people here young lady or so help me god I would-"

"I don't think you heard me, get out of my house, if I'm such an embarrassment to the family then consider me no longer a part of it." I said, cutting my mum off from saying anything else.

"That's what you want them fine but don't you dare come running back to my family when that poor excuse of a man breaks your heart again." She spat as she pointed her perfectly manicured finger at Harry.

I opened my mouth to say something but Jane and Kat were standing at either side of me before I could even let out a breathe.