Nook His Ass

He threw himself on the couch down in the basement he was tired Frankie was playing in there bedroom he didn’t have the heart ask the kid to leave. The weekend had been a lot of fun, and he loved to hang out with his whole family.

But he felt like he been run over by a truck. He kept thinking about this tour they were going on. He was beyond excited but also he couldn’t help but get pissed off at every slight turn. He just hoped this feeling would pass maybe he was getting cold he felt himself drift off to sleep.

He woke to someone gently shaking him.

“Hey, Nick you ok”

Kevin's voice broke through the haziness of sleep. Nick turned eagerly on his side to see Kevin kneeling down looking thoughtfully at him.

“Church wiped you out eh. Joe and I were wondering if you wanted to play some X Box with us.”He knew Nick was turning into the teen when he started to snooze more than normal he can remember when he was Nick age. Little catnap was the best in the mild afternoon.

“Sure all play with you guys." a yaw escaped his lips. Stretching out thenap seems to have help little with tiredness that was weighing him down halfway through services this morning.

“Awesome let go” Giving Nick helping hand up off the old couch as they both ran upstairs to play some games before dinner.

“Hey, why would u do that am on your team don’t shoot me? Joe's booming voice rang through the house as they were playing a three-person shooter game.

"Sorry, bro but I need the point more than you." Kevin let out an evil laugh slowly crept closer to Joe's key position. He and Nick had secretly teamed up to take down Joe. Unfortunately, his team member had run to grab a drink and was missing the impressive takedown he was about to complete. “ Nick hurry up am about to take down the longtime enemy.”

“Wait I'm not the enemy." Joe instantly started firing at random in a panic. He was having an impressive winning streak.

“I'm coming he ran in with a big glass of water in hand "nook his ass NOW!!!”

Kevin throws a grenade hitting Joe's character he went flying throw the air the screen flashed LOSER.

"YES"!! Nick and Kevin high five in delight.

Joe throws down the standard controller in defeat “darn your dumb team-up” His eye-catching the big glass of water next to Nick suddenly grabbing it dumping it all over the winners.

“HEY!”

“JOE!”

Joe started laughing the look on their faces was priceless as he rolls on the ground. He could barely breathe he was laughing so uncontrollably.

"JOSEPH ADAM JONAS."

All the members in the room froze there heads turned to see there mom in the doorway her arms crossed her eye narrowing at all three of them.

“I'm  not happy with the three of you there is 4 years old in the house which has three role models who are swearing up a storm right now."

The three boys gave each other look as their eye turned to the floor as echos of sorry were spoken in the room.

“oh really and then I see you Joe chuck water at your two brothers this room is carpeted do you want to pay for water damage?”

Joe slowly sighed "no I am.” He hated when he made his mom unhappy he knew how hard she typically worked and he shouldn't make it worse.

Denise walks into the room “ Joe.” Now her voice softer but still held stern undertone.” You will grab the vacuum and clean the water do you understand.”She watched her sons nod Joe left the room to grab the vacuum.

She promptly turns to the other two who were soaking wet part of her genuinely wanted to laugh at how silly they looked. They look like drowned rats. But she kept firm and clam.

“If I hear anymore swearing in this household, I will make u write lines.” She watched Kevin nod in understand but Nick looked ready to backtalk her.

Kevin sensed it he placed a gentle hand on Nick's shoulder delivering a gently Squeeze “ we understand mom we won't do it again.”

“yes, we are sorry,” Nick spoke with clench teeth not meeting his mom's eyes he was trying so hard to keep his cool.

Denise nodded “well get dried off then come down for dinner.” she observed the two leave the room slowly looking up to the ceiling “ Oh God give me strength.”