Family Vacation Starts

"Hey, mom dad can we talk to you."

Denise picks up her head to find her two sons standing in the kitchen doorway. It was eight in the morning. She was surprised to see both boys up this early.

" of course Joe." She tentatively set the morning paper down."She sipped her morning coffee she watches them sit down at the small kitchen table.

" what going on." Their father closed his laptop watching them look at each other before they begin to talk.

" It about Nick." Joes slowly look st his parents. " Whatever going on I think it's getting worse much worse."He felt his hand start to sweat as he wipes them on his pants slowly breathing in deep.

Denise crosses her hand in front of her leaning forwards " Joe sweetheart am sure whatever Nick going through. Is nothing to be worried about."

" You guys haven't seen him every single day." Kevin promptly broke into the conversation. " He, not the same person he was a month ago."He didn't understand why this was so hard for them to understand.

" When I was that age I went into big growth sprout and I was skinny as you can be but was still healthy." Their father walks thoughtfully around them gently resting a hand on his two boy shoulders. " I genuinely think it great you guys look after each other it warm my heart but there nothing wrong." He passively watched his son look at each other still not believing there own parent's chosen words.

" It not just being skinny it more than that." Looked up at his father " The drinking the bathroom I swear he went to the bathroom 12 or more times last night. The leg cramps the demands his mood I am losing my own brother. Joe spoke the last words barely above a breathless whisper.

He could see his mom gently shake her head at his words "You're not losing your brother I promise but this week will make sure we keep an eye on him." If I feel like something wrong will bring him to the doctor." Reaching across the table squeezing her son's hands. The teen shook their heads in understanding.

" Now can you go wake up the youngest members of the house we are leaving in about an hour." Denise smiled wryly. She watches them get up from quickly leaving the room."I am certain its nothing sweetheart." Kevin Sr sat down next to his wife instantly bring her into an affectionate hug gently kissing her head. But her gut was telling her something different.

The Jonas kids were waiting eagerly for the dad to get them checked into the local hotel. It was really nice place lobby was massive. This was definitely one of the nicer hotels they had been at.
It beat the motel and dilapidated building they had been sleeping in on the month tour. Nick was laying across the couch shoes and all hoody was over his face. He had a pounding headache is little brother was full of boundless energy.

Joe was running around the luxurious couch chasing Frankie making silly faces at the 5-year-old. Not helping the situation. "oh you missed "Joe spoke riling up the kid.

" Boys," Denise spoke up looking at her family Kevin was sitting on the opposite couch from Nick. A small coffee table separated them. Frankie was running around the two couches. His big brother not far behind again. She gently let out a sigh.

" Boy". She tried once more this time speaking a little louder. She steps in front of the 5-years puts a hand out to get him from running the little monkey looked up at her smiling. Joe sat down next to Kevin who was texting on his phone.

"Nick, can you shift your feet, so your brother can sit next to you while we wait for your dad? She knocks on the kid's feet to coax him to move.

" Why can't he sit next to those two." pointing to his brother. Snapping angrily at his mom. She been pushing his button all morning and throughout the 3-hour car ride here.
"Because am asking you too." Crossing her arms tapping her foot. " It rude to have your dirty shoes on furniture that really not your Nicholas I won't ask again.

The teen gave huff grumbling under his breath but swung his leg off the couch. Propping his elbow on the armrest resting his hand on the side of his head. He felt the couch dip in his mom slowly sat down pulling his younger brother on her lap.

"When we are here some rules, have to be followed." Looking at her children making sure they were listening attentively. "I appreciate you three are old enough to be without your father and me. But I want to make sure you know where each other are at all time."

"that seems reasonable." Kevin looked at his brother to naturally see that they agreed with the plan. Nick Joe nodded in tandem.

" The second rule is wanting you guys to be in your room at 11:00 pm. That doesn't mean you can't stay up late with each other."She watched the eyes of the three light up with sense mischief.

"Third rule." she looks at Nick when she spoke earnestly " If I see any behaviour that I think is not acceptable. Make no mistake I will take privileges away."Speaking slowly and clearly." That goes with backtalk and swearing. Do I make myself clear?

" yes mom," the boys spoke around the there little family meeting.

" oh before I forget rule number 4 wants us to still partake of family dinner together we will meet in the dining hall every night at 6:30." Breakfast is from 7:00 am till 11:00 am lunch is 12:00 till 2:30. Everyone understands." She observes them nodding "well let's go to the room and start this vacation."Everyone slowly got off the couch.

Joe slowly made a move to aid his little brother up from the couch who looks dead on his feet. Hey, you feeling ok."

Nick took it gratefully he slowly stood " just tired mom won't allow me to breath every word I say is a problem."

Joe swung his arm over the kid's shoulder. Bring him in close " I am not intentionally trying to pick a fight."He spoke in a low voice" But you been a little rude just say sorry and am sure it will blow over."

Nothing else was said as the pulled there luggage behind them they all made it into the massive elevator. Nick took note they were going to the fifth floor. The floor shifted as they slowly went up he felt his head spin for a sec gripping the gold handrail for support. Letting out a deep breath he ignored the look his brothers gave him before looking at each other. It was a quick ride as the ting of the elevator let them know they were on their floor. On the right side was a massive window looking down at the main bustling street below. The rooms were on the left.

" We are in rooms 505 and 506 there father spoke up." He handed his boys their Keys. " Please try not to instantly lose them ok." They all slowly walk down the hall. Frankie was running head looking at the numbers on the door stopping instantly at 506.

Nick grinned at his little brother " thanks for helping us find our room buddy." He carefully slid the card into the slot and waited for it flashes green before going inside. Dragging his luggage behind him the small bathroom was on the right it had one sink a bath and toilet. He throws his bag on the bed on the left-hand side closest to the bathroom. A nice window at the far end on the right was tv sitting on top of the dresser with a desk beside.

There was a door next to the desk that slowly opened " good this open."Their mom poked her head in their room." if you want you guys can come and hang in our room."Smiling at her boys.
Nick looked in his parent room to see they had a small sitting area with a couch and tv with a double door which he assumed went into the master bedroom.

" so where are u sleeping?" Kevin asked only to see that Nick had already put his stuff on the first bed. So he throws his stuff on the other bed. " Joe you want to sleep with Nick like what we been doing on tour."

"I am cool with that." Joe stretch and yawned " Nick you want to share a bed with me?"Watching the teen grab a cool water bottle from the mini-fridge guzzling the whole thing in less than a minute.

" Um, do u mind if I have the bed too myself and you and Kevin share." Wiping his face placing the bottle on the desk to fill it up in the bathroom sink later. Looking up at his brothers sincerely hoping they mutually agree with his plan.

" sure am ok with that." Kevin sat down at the end of one of the beds. " Joe you ok with that promise I won't hog the bed or the blankets."

Before Kevin could do anything Joe jump right on top of him putting him in a headlock. " Joe really off me." He tried to gain some leverage but then Nick joined the light play fight. Crawling on his two brothers, the sound of laughter was carried around the room vacation had fully started.