Exciting News

"So your mom and I have some exciting news to share with the family." Kevin Sr spoke from the head of the table.

"So we are getting a dog." Joe put down his fork. Looking at his parents his eye wide with excitement.

"No." Denise wipes her mouth with a napkin putting it on her empty dinner plate.

" Oh wait we won the lottery," Kevin spoke up.

"Why don't you stop talking." Nick snap at his two brothers he slid his chair back to go fill his glass for the 5th time?

"Nick sits for a sec you can wait for another drink." Their mom waved her hand to signal her son to sit back down. " Joe Kev shh listen pleases." She nodded at her husband to continue. Resting her hand on Frankie's arm to try and get him to calm down he was bouncing enthusiastically in his chair.

Their father cleared his throat as he tried again. " I have a week-long conference to go this week. I thought since you guys where off for the week the whole family could go for a little family vacation."

"We would love too," Kevin spoke up high fiving Joe." I know I been missing this family time when we were on the road."He saw his two brothers nod in agreement.

"Is their a pool," Nick spoke up

"I believe so. Make sure you all bring your swimsuit. " But remember this conference is very important for the church and my job. So try to be on your best behaviour understood."His kids nodded around the table." Ok then go start packing we live in a day," Denise spoke out as she watched three older kids face turn from joy to disappointment. They slowly realize they would have to start packing again. Groans slowly echoed around the dinner.

"Come on guys lets start Joe sighed cleaning his plate from the table "thanks for dinner mom it was good." he went into the kitchen to wash his plate then head upstairs to start packing. The young teen sat on the floor he was gradually going through his clothing. He felt his stomach growl. He had eaten less than an hour ago and was starving.

"Hey, Nick which shirt should I take." Joe poked his head in holding two articles of clothing.

"Um...the red one."He slowly pulled out some jeans and put them next to him. He pulled himself off the floor. He felt his center of gravity go one way as his head swam another way.

"Hey, good." He quickly went over to steady his brother. Slowly transferring him over to their little brother's bed.

"I'm ok just got dizzy." Nick shook his head the feeling past as fast has it had come. Joe grabs the water bottle that was sitting on the nightstand unscrewing the cap and handed it to his brother. He took it and drank the whole thing in seconds wiping his face after. " Thanks, bro." He softly spoke not really knowing what else to say. Looking down at his socked feet.

"You really haven't been feeling well have you." Joe rubs the teens back as he took his hand away in shock when he could feel every vertebra on the teen's body.

"Joe, I'm good. I am confident this brief vacation will just be what the doctor ordered."He tried to sound confident as he flings the emptied bottle of water in the trash can with the rest of them.
He tried to sound confident as he throws the empty bottle of water in the trash can with the rest of them. "You sure you ok." Not wanting to leave his brother's room if he was going to find him passed out on the floor 2 min after he left.

"Yes am sure." pushing his brother off the bed "Now go finish packing go bother Kev likely he hasn't started."

"Ok..." joe slip off picking up the two shirts off the floor he had dropped. " so you like the red one correct shaking the shirt.

Nick nodded throwing up a thumbs up he watched his brother slip out of the room. He slowly layed down on the bed taking a deep breath. Feeling his stomach growl again. He slowly sighed making his way off the bed. Pleased that the world didn't seem to spin. Swiftly making his way down to the kitchen. He was craving some protein opening the fridge.

"What are you doing? The voice of their mom spoke behind him. The voice of their mom spoke behind him. She was not unfamiliar with teen boy ravenous hungry.

"Yeah, I was looking for something to eat do we have steak?" The teen carefully started to shift things around in the fridge.

Denise raised her eyebrow at the odd requests. " No, but we do have some yogurt if you are looking for some protein." Slowly opening the draw that housed the cheese and yogurt handing it to her son.

Nick look at the yogurt he really wanted to have some steak his mouth watered with the image in his head. She handed him the yogurt.

"What with you and demanding food." The teen face changed into embarrassment.

Grabbing a spoon from the draw," Who told you about that?"

"Everyone said you been acting little off on this tour is that fair to say." Walking over to the teen cupping her hand on his cheek.

"You could say that, but I am sure it's nothing." He places a spoonful of yogurt in his mouth allowing it to sit on his parched tongue.

"Well, I am proud of you I hope you recognize that."She gave her son a hug. Putting down his cup of yogurt as he wraps his arm around his mom he was so fortunate to be able to have such a supportive family.