Demands

" I need it." The youngest member of the band spoke up from the back of the stage. He was packing up some equipment from the early morning school show.

"You don't need anything," Kevin spoke sternly at his brother. He grabs some wire for the amp system. " you have been drinking all morning and now you want a big thing of coke." Looking at his brother in confusion the kid would not stop drinking. Peeing drinking peeing drink that all the kid did they barley made through hour school show.

Nick had ran as fast as he could off stage once they were done.

" Am dying of thirst and am tired of drinking water." The young teen slam the guitar case closed not looking at Kevin. " I need it." He mumbles to himself as his hole mouth felt like sandpaper and he just was craving sugar he wanted something sweet. He wasn't going to die from having some sugar.

“ I know there is a mall couple street down we can maybe get some lunch in the cafeteria,” Joe spoke up trying to change the energy and maybe make his brother feel better. They where are feeling hungry and he didn't think fighting over how much liquid Nick was drinking was worth it. He was drinking more water what was the big deal that he wanted something a little sweet

They all quickly pack up and put everything into the van and it seems that going to the mall had everyone excited this was the first day where they didn't need to do a show tonight and they could spend time hanging out.

Nick was feeling better he was munching on some fries and he had a big thing of coke with him as they walk around the mall. “ oh my god look at that Jacket Joe that be perfect with jeans.”

“ Black jeans that I happened to forget to pack.” as they headed into the store as they headed to over to the men's side to look at the jacket. Joe slowly look at the jacket then he saw the price it was over 200 dollars as he quickly put it back they did not have that type of money.

“ If we every get super big then remind me to buy it ok but I don't think that will be happening anytime soon.” Joe smile “ come am sure there other things to look at a different store.”

They had spent an hour walking and around and Nick was getting tired his limbs felt heavy every step felt like he had a heavy brick on his feet. “ guys I think I am going to seat out on this store.” He made a beeline to sit on the bench everyone else went into the CD store Not taking much notice of the teen level of fatigue that seems to plague him last couple of days

He rested his head in his hand his head was pounding he needed to ask if anyone had pain killer when they came out of the store. He went to take a sip of his drink to find he had finished it. Quickly sent a text to his brother that he was going back to the caf to refill his drink. But then he changed his mind when the thought about how long that walk would be.

So he just waited for the guys to come back as his eyes grow heavy his head lolled to the side and he was out in seconds sleeping in the middle of mall people walking around his body exhausted.

“ Is the kid sleeping on the bench.” as Kevin peek around CD stand they were waiting for Joe to finish up paying for a CD when Kevin notices Nick snoozing on the bench. “I didn't think we were taking that long he joked.” He slowly walks to the teen he never understood how the kid was able to sleep anywhere.

He slowly kneeled trying to gently shake the kid awake.The kid was dead sleep not even shaking was going to wake him. The kid was deep sleep he knew that he always scared his parents when they went to check on him as a small child.

He tried again to wake the teen as he rubs his back “ come on Nick we are done and we are going to be heading to the car.” that seems to have some effect he watches his brother eye look up at him in confusion before letting out a big yawn and stretch not saying anything. groaning as the stretch hit the spot.

Kevin shook his head as he helps the kid up Joe walk up to them “I guess you are tired lucky for you we are heading on another two-hour car ride so you can sleep then not in the middle of a mall.”

“ Shut up nick smiled rubbing his eyes “ he felt joe clap his shoulder as they slowly walk down the mall. He went sip his drink sadly remembering it was empty.

" Don't worry have some water in the cooler in the back of the van." Kevin turned to Nick as he heard the sound of Nick trying to drink through a straw that had no liquid.

"I don't want water I need another coke that what would hit the spot right now." He spoke in a harsh tone he was craving it so badly. He didn't want another sip of water. His dry tongue slid across his teeth as he swallows little saliva he had in his mouth.

Kevin sighed " Look Nick we are on a tight budget we can't keep spending it on drinks epically when we have a good supply in the van." His eye met the teens as Nick looked pissed.

" I NEED IT WHY CAN'T YOU UNDERSTAND THAT!!!." he screams out as the whole band jerk from the yelling teen as people walking in the mall look at them.

Joe's mouth hung open this was not his brother they know how to act. They were not raised to throw a fit when they didn't get there way.

" Let just get to the van Garbo quickly spoke up getting in between the two boys as he watches the young teen turn around not saying anything. It seemed that the little outburst had exhausted him. He was going talking to Nick's father about this was getting out of hand.

" Yes am coming in two days do think I should come earlier." The soft calm voice of Kevin sir spoke on the phone. He leaned back in his office chair. " ok thank you for letting me know have good night." He hung up the phone that was not a phone call he wanted to hear.

He slowly got up from his chair making his way kitchen it was late in the evening Frankie had gone to bed an hour ago he watched his wife cleaning dinner dishes as he grabs a cloth to help dry.

" So that was Garbo he started to talk to me about Nick his behaviours getting worse."

Denise stop what she was doing putting a hand on her hip. " what is he doing that so terrible this Nick we are talking about."

" You be shocked if I told you." He put a plate in the cupboard before facing her. " He has been very demanding moody he starting boss everyone around."

She knew Nick definitely had his way of doing things and sometimes could sound like bossing. But demanding and moody was not her child. He was always so happy confident an old soul people would say when they spoke to her about him.

" How about you take a day off at the church and go up early to surprise them maybe there just missing there dad." Has she slowly walk up to him as she wraps her arm around him.

He rests his head on hers" we are doing the right thing. What every going on with Nick its just teen thing they are home in a week."

In the back of her mind told her there was something wrong with her son. But other thoughts changed her mind every time. She was being worried for nothing it was the early morning and late-night nothing more.