Learn The Basics

A nice round orange was in his lap small hypodermic needle in his right hand. He could feel his handshake little taking a small slow breath.

" pull off the orange cape." Kelly slowly pulled the cape off the needle she was holding. Showing the young teen holding the two pieces now in her hands.

Denise watches the teen pull the cap off her heart sank as he glared at the small needle. She felt swallowed a lump in her throat. He was being so brave. She wished she had the courage that her young teen had.

" Awesome job," Kelly spoke with a smile on her face. " Now let just practise sticking the needle in the orange that all u have to do right now." She guild the child's hand as the tiny needle slid into the orange with ease.

"You're doing great now just pull it out and put the cape back on." She does the same to her needle.

He practises a couple of times before he and his mom felt confident. now the educator adding a small glass vile. He rolled in his hand the bottle was clear.

" Now this isn't inulin it just practises tool it just a saline solution. Kelly slowly explains. She took out a small alcohol wipe she had ripping it open when you clean the site on your skin you move in a circular motion slowly going out wipe her orange.

Nick slowly copied her action " Ok..." slowly giving a small smile all three of them must have looked so odd wiping oranges with alcohol wipes. He let out a small cough the smell of alcohol was strong.

" Now take the vile and pop off the little protection cap is always on when you get a new vile of insulin ok," Kelly explains. She breaks the cap off just put the plastic piece down. " now take a new wipe and just rub the top down.." she slowly did her own vile so the Jonas family had visual instructions as well as physical.

"Grab your syringe and pull back to the measurement you want. Let go to 1 unit ok showing him the 1 on the side. Slide her plunger back watch the plunger slowly get to the number 1. Then she places the needle onto the top of the vile pressing down. " We want to get the air." out she slowly explained.

Nick and his mom followed suit.

" Now flip the vile up so the vile now upside down and is now on top of the needle." She slowly showed them a couple of times.

Nick tries his best but he couldn't quite be as smoothness and graceful.

" Here sweetie." She did hand over hand for the teen. Who seemed a little frustrated with himself that he couldn't get on his first tempt. " now slowly pull plunger so you have 1 unit of the Saline in the needle." She watches the teen fellow her interactions.

" What are those bubbles." He slowly looks at the needle it didn't seem right. Or maybe it was normal he had no idea.

" Those are air bubble." she spoke, " we don't want them in so you can flick them with your thumb and pointer finger and break them." She took the vile of the boy needle to allow him to flick the side of the needle a little bit easier.

Nick flick the needle slowly the bubbles disappeared. His tongue was sticking out trying to concentrate.

" Good job. Then you can slowly give the orange your first insulin shot." She gave a nod to the boy.

Nick slowly slid the need into the fruit just like before as he pressed down on the plunger the liquid slowly vanished into the fruit. He let out a slow breath feeling proud that he did all of that by himself. Giving his educator and high five as well as his mom and dad.

" That was an awesome sweetheart." Denise praised her son with an odd sense of joy.

" Now you're ready to inject yourself." The educator spoke with joy in her voice.