Too Much Of Good Thing

The sun was slowly setting over the trees as the Jonas family was heading to dinner. Joe was chasing Frankie to the elevator Kevin was talking to his dad about some current cords he wanted to try on the guitar when they got back home.

Nick was away behind everyone his feet dragging his eye watching the odd hotel carpet pattern has he walked. His brain felt fuzzy his limbs felt heavy. He could feel his mom looking back at him concern was written on her face, but he didn’t have the energy to smile at her he was tired of acting like everything was fine.

They all made into the elevator he leaned heavily on the gold handrails he felt the elevator slowly go down as his word began to spin horribly. Closing his eye tight breathing in deep letting much-needed oxygen into his tired lungs. Just as the dizzy spell came, it went and they were all filing out into the lobby. He felt someone wrap their arms around his shoulders.

“ You tired had a busy day swimming at the pool.” His mom spoke quietly in his ear.

He nods at the comment licking his lips his tongue was too sore to speak as his mom steered him to the hotel restaurant. He quickly went to grab a plat he was starving as he started to cram as much food on his plate as he could. There were pasta pizza chicken pork potatoes anything you could ever want. Once he was done slowly made his way back to the table that his family had sat down at. As a waitress came around asking about drinks

“Chocolate milk," He spoke up when it was his turn. That craving never went away. It seems that protein was something that he could not stop thinking about. Chocolate milk was something that was easy to get to at the hotel. It was a quick fix to his craving for the time being anyway.

They dug into their dinner Frankie was talking about some TV show but all Nick could only think about was the next bite. Quickly swished back the milk and before he knew it 1 glass turn into 3 then 5 then eight glasses at the end of the meal. He had gone up three times to refill his plate.

"Nick honey you're going to get sick pleases slow down." His mother grabbed his hand to stop him from putting food in his mouth.

" I'm hungry he argued back." shovelled more food in his mouth.

Denise sighed allowing her son to continue eating The kid must be going through a growth spurt. Not allowing it to bother her. It was totally normal thing for a teen to go through why was she so worried.

The family sat down for there even card game an hour and half of playing card with the family Nick felt like he needs to use the bathroom his stomach kept cramping badly. Even after drinking all that milk, his tongue was hard he couldn’t close his mouth his stomach cramping again.

“ I needed the restroom," he mumbled the Bathroom was right next to the front desk quickly getting up from the couch. But it was too late as he felt bile rising in the back of his throat. He faces going greenish-white as he made a gagging sound before everything coming up. He felt himself projectile vomited at the front of the help desk. His eyes where watering throat burning he felt like he couldn’t breathe at some point trash can had been placed under his face. Feeling someone rubbing his back people where mumbling around him t throwing up the 5th time but this time nothing came up.

“ We need to get him to are room his father spoke quick

“ i…think I am done he spoke his throat was raspy. Someone wiped his mouth.

“Come on kiddo let's get you to our room,” Joe spoke in his ear slowly helping his brother off the floor Nick's legs were shaking so badly leaning on him They both slowly walked to the elevator. Joe slammed his thumb on the upper button.

“got you, bro,” he mumbled.

His head horribly spun his stomach knotted so badly he thought he was going to throw up all over again. Letting bunch off the air into his lung to try and lower his chance of throwing up all over the elevator. Slowly feeling his stomach clam down. Shivering his shirt was wet from sweat. He could feel
Joe bring him close to give some support

.“Nick you doing ok you think you're going to throw up again. Trying to get the teen to look up at him.

“I think I am ok." The elevator door slowly opened as they made their way to their room. He basically throws himself onto the bathroom floor as he throws up bile nothing more.
Joe quickly grabs a washcloth that was next to the sink and soaked in warm water as knelt down to his brother.

“ Hey let me wash your face as his brother fell into his arms and began to cry.” catching him off guard Nick never cries he just held his little brother. Not taken notice that his brother wasn't producing any tears that how badly dehydrated the poor kid was.

“Can I wash your face, or you want to take a shower”? Softly speaking into Nick's hair as the raspy voice of his brother spoke up little above whisper,“ I think all wash my face and head to bed.” He grabs the cloth from his big brother It felt nice on his hot sweaty face. “can you help me stand up as his leg felt horribly shaky and weak? Joe didn’t even hastate as he helps his brother up.

Joe could hear the sound of the main family bedroom door being opened. “ you think you're ok if I leave you alone for a sec I want to make sure mom not going to start yelling at you or something.”

His brother nods quickly yes before he made his way out closing the door behind him taking a slow deep breath. Has he made his way into the small living room area?

“ Hey, mom Nicks ok he just cleans up in the bathroom.” His mom looks up she didn’t look mad she looks more scared than anything. His dad was sitting on the couch playing with his wallet he smiled at his son.

“ Thank you for looking after him while we took care of things downstairs.”He walks over to his son and gave him a firm hug. He wrapped his arm around his father as he could feel tears running down his face he was so scared and he just wanted his family to tell him everything was going to be ok.

Denise quickly made her way into her son's room the lights where still on in the bathroom as she could hear running water.“Hey, Nick honey can I come in, please. Water stops her son's head poked out of the door. Looking very pale his eyes had glazed look to them. He steps out of the bathroom holding a glass of water. He had put on his PJ pants. She felt her breath catch in her throat her brain couldn't register what she was looking at her son's body. He looked like a prisoner of war. She just throws her arms around her son bring him to hug tears streamed down her face.

Nick just leaned into his mother he started to cry all over again " mom what's wrong with me I feel like am dying."He choked out as she hushed him they stayed in the doorway just rocking back and forth.