Joe Has Dandruff

" Nick you have all your supplies." Denise's voice rang around the garage the band was packing up for tonight's show.

"It's at the front door already packed and ready to go." The teen poked his head up he was working on winding up one of the ape systems so it could be easily transported for tonight's show. Slowly getting off the floor walking over to his mom " I promise everything in there that I might need." He started to go through all things mentally he had but in the black backpack.

" You have both pens"
"Yes."
" Do you have low treatment and hard carb snacks."
"Yes."
" your meter kit."
"Yes."
" your glucagon for an emergency."

" Mom I have everything." Nick grabbed her hands. Looking up at his worried parent.

" Mom Joe and I will keep an eye on him." Kevin brought his brothers closes he never wanted anything to happen to his brother.

Their mom nodded in understand glad that the three boys had such a strong bond and they could lean into each other for support. Not a lot of family had that strength with siblings they were very lucky that her boys never fought they always enjoyed each company and it wasn't chores to get them to sit with each other.

" ok think we are all packed and ready to go." their father called out from the entrance of the garage. Nick quickly went inside to grab his bag as his mom was getting Frankie ready for them to get in the car. The whole family was coming tonight they thought it is fun to make it more celebration since he was out of the hospital.

" You ready to rock out Frankie.' Nick through his bag over his shoulder and help get Frankies winter coat on.

" Yes." the 5-year-old tried to do the rock and Roll sign with his fingers Nick smile at his little brother attempt.

The brothers and band went in the massive white van while Frankie and their parents fellowed in the small car.

" Nick you have your stuff." Kevin sat behind his brother.

" Yup." Looking down at the black bag at the foot of his feet.

"It's crazy to think a week ago we had no idea what was going on." Garbo spoke up. " who would have thought peeing a lot was a sign of Diabetes."

" Yeah." Nick shrugged his shoulders as they merged on to the hallway heading to the venue for the night.

" We are not telling the label about this." Joe quickly spoke up tonight was a big night for them. All the big names from sony were going to be there.

" Wait why not." Alex turned around to look at Joe. Little confused about where this conversation was heading.

Nick felt a sense of guilt sit in the bottom of his stomach " Because if they know I am sick they might not work with us." He let out a slow sigh he felt fine now but this was a medical condition by what nurses and educators told him that someone days might be harder than others.

" But Nicks fine Alex argued that would be wrong for them to do." He didn't want to start to fight it just seem so wrong to him.

" It doesn't matter what we think Alex it what are dad wants," Joe spoke little on the defensive side for his brother.

" ok guys please stop." Nick spoke up quickly. " tonight about the music and only the music nothing more." The car went silent Nick could feel energy get awkward. This was what he fears that he had at the very beginning of people seeing him now for this medical issue, not the musician.

" I'm still Nick ok." He broke up the awkwardness. " that's what I want people to know me as. The kid from jersey that made a band with my brothers. Who loves music."

" We understand." Kevin nodded " We will make sure this is kept under wrap for as long as you want."

" thank you." Nick knew his brother had his back and would keep this secret for him.

" Hey did you see that really bad show that came on tv last night." Joe changing the subject away from his brother. " It some teen drama about 2 boys who fight ghost or something."

" Do you mean supernatural."Garbo looked at the teen " My younger cousin loves that show. " why were you watching that?"

I wasn't watching it exactly just it was on TV last night." He mumbled turning his head to look out the window. He smiled when he saw his parents pass them on a freeway as he waved to them quickly rolling down the window.

" Frankie!!! He called out hoping his parents would do the same. The cold snow tung his warm cheeks.

" Hey what the hell are you doing." Kevin pulled his scarf higher upon his face. " it flipping cold outside close the window!!."

Nick started to laugh watching his brother act like a total lunatic.
" Joe moms going to give you a lecture about how dangerous that is."
The whole car was starting to get cold Nick could see Joe's hair was starting to get covered in snow. It was a pretty hilarious scene that one action help eases the energy in the car.

"It's starting to come down." Joe closed the window shaking his head trying to get the white stuff off the top of his head.

" Hey, Joe I don't want your really bad dandruff." Kevin poked fun at his brother.

Joe smirked at his brother they could hear there little brother full laughing in his seat holding his stomach they gave each other look. Listening to there little brother laugh gave them so much joy they hadn't heard Nick laugh like that in so long and they realized how much the had missed it.