Leaving Early

So your father and I have made a decision." Denise's voice was soft and calm. She didn't want to speak too loud has Nick was still sleeping. Joe Kevin both looked at each other in worry they wanted what was best for the little brother. Even if meant cutting short the family vacation.

"There two options." Their mom started up again. " Nick and I head out today while you guys stay the extra two nights." Or we all leave as a family today and will all be able to be home around 8:00 tonight."

"But I want to go swimming," Frankie spoke up walking over his mom.

She slowly reached out to him placing him on her lap. " I know but right now your brother super sick and want to get him to the doctor early tomorrow morning." Rubbing her son back hoping he won't start throwing a fit.

"I would rather just go home if I am being honest." Joe sighed." he been making me worried if we stay here all I been thinking about is him.

"ditto." Kevin nodded.

Their dad smiled at his son brings them into a hug " You guys are such good brothers."He felt Joe wrap his arms around him the teen began to sob." Oh Joe it's ok we are getting him help."He rocks him rubbing the kids back.

Kevin allowed him to have that time with his father.

Joe was definitely the most emotional out of the three of them. He caught his mom wiping her eyes. He gave her a reassuring smile they where going to get Nick to help it was time to get to the bottom of this.

Nick came out of the room around 10 feel a little better than the night before stretching his hand above his head letting yawn escape his mouth.

" You feeling any better," Joe spoke from the small couch in the main living space. His brother looked very pale dark bags under his eyes. Clothing that fit perfectly a month ago now hung off him.

Nick made his way over sitting next to his best friend. " I feel a little better I'm hungry ready for breakfast." He heard his brother laugh felt an arm wrap around him pulling him over.

"No Joe don't!" Nick tries to fight for his brother's attack he felt a flare of anger run through him as he landed a sharp elbow to Joe's ribs.

"Ow." Letting the kid go Nick may be skinny but the kid had pointy elbows they could do some damage. Rubbing his side. " I was merely playing men no need to get aggressive." His tone light but Nick gave him a look that let him knew that now was not the time.

"Nick, can you help me clean up your clothing please? Their mom called from the room he shared with his brother for three nights.

"Coming." Not looking at his brother has left the room.

The Jonas family had finished their complimentary breakfast before piling into the van. Ready for long drive home Frankie was fussing Nick had snipped at everyone at least once. He just wanted to listen to music till he fell asleep.

20min in and both Frankie and Nick had fallen sleep in the middle seats. They had to make many stops on the side of the road for Nick to relieve himself the trip that was supposed to take 3 hours took 4 half. When they finally made it, home everyone just wanted space from each other.

Nick made a beeline to his room flinging his bag on the floor. Looking up at the ladder up to his bunk bed. His heart sank his body had no energy to make it up. All he desired was to lay on the floor.

That exactly where Denise found her son hour later he had pulled down his pillow and little blanket and was sleeping on the floor. Her heart hurt for her sick child she slowly shook him awake.

" Hey, sweetheart I was wondering if u wanted to come down for dinner dad brought home Chinese food." He slowly moved under the blankets nodding at her words.

"Did dad buy the normal order? His stomach let out a growl. He gave a cheeky smile he was starving he had eaten anything since lunch. Looking up at the worried eyes of his mom.

"Yes he did if you feel up to it you can wash up for dinner and come down. Slowly get up from her crouched position she felt her knees crack. " why did you not go up to your bunk to take nap." gesturing to lump that was her son.

"I was too tired to climb up so just slept on the floor." Slowly getting up when he felt his world spin. He felt his mom grab him laying him back on the floor.

"sweet Nick Nicholas her voice was starting to sound frantic." She was watching her son's eye-roll around his head for a second his face got very pale. Slowly laying him back down which seemed to help immediately.

" I'm fine just got dizzy." He mumbled his hand rested on his forehead. His mom slowly stops spinning he let out a slow breath.

"I'm going to get you some water you slept for an hour might be dehydrated." Rubbing his chest before quickly leaving the room.

He could hear feet run into the room Kevin and Joe peeked there head in the room. He waved to them shamed at how weak he felt as they came over and sat with him till his mom came back with a full water bottle with it handing it to him. He chugged half it down.

"what happened?" Joes ask with worry Nick look like he was getting worse every hour.

"I just got dizzy am fine." Closing his bottle and set, it downs next to him. Crossing his leg hoping he could make this scenario less awkward he loved being center of attention to some degree. But he didn't like this sort of attention this type made him feel embarrassed.

"That not normal." Kevin look to his mom for some sort of reassurance but she looks as lost as he felt right now. Clapping his brother on the shoulder trying to give some level of comfort.

"You just need to drink and eat some." Their mom spoke up finally we got the water thing down so now have got some food in you.

"yeah." Joes grab his brother around the waist. "Let's get some food in you." Slowly lift him from the ground Nick helps little. His leg shook under him but at least his head didn't spin so violently this time around.

Kevin grabbed the water bottle off the ground as everyone took note that Nick didn't take his arm off his brother. It seems like he really did need the physical support and for Nick to show that was significant.