50

Shawn's POV

'' Okay I've been trying my best to pipe down the rumors in my school, but now it's getting way too obvious and way too out of hand , how on earth are you dating Selena Gomez!?'' Shawn's little sister Aliyaah rambled out on the other side of the phone.

''Calm down Ali we aren't dating'' Shawn said as he sat cross legged on his hotel room bed, and his guitar strap across his neck. After Selena's mini birthday party that had consisted of just him and their tour crew they immediately set off to the next city.

He and Selena were now in Vancouver and he had been up all night, even on their way here writing new lyrics to a song he's hoped to release soon after the tour. But that wasn't why he didn't sleep. It was because he couldn't get Selena out of his head and out of his dreams.
He couldn't believe it when it started, but it's been there. Dreams of being with her, holding her and kissing her and just touching her, it drove him nuts and kept fueling whatever it was that he felt inside him. Ever since the day they kissed in Mexico, he hadn't been thesame. He still didn't know what it was, he knew he wasn't lusting after her, but he refused to think he was in love with her. It made it hard for him now, just being around her and not being able to tell what's going on with him. So he'd fallen into writing a song, something he could throw his frustration into until he could think properly.

''You don't have to lie about it, especially to me okay?, first of all you guys are kissing in restaurants and then she's posting pictures of you guys being all close and intimate?,  like what IS that?'' She stressed out and all Shawn could do was cover his face. Then he decided to tell her the truth.

''The pictures don't mean anything. We were...just fooling around, since the paparazzi didn't want to leave us alone. She brought up the idea of creating a scandal and I just went with it''. He admitted to his sister and there was sudden silence.

''Wha..what about all the one where she was sitting on you and you guys were-''her voice trailed off as he interrupted. ''friends take pictures like that all the time'' he said and again followed silence.

His voice sounded dull and down and almost sad... but his sister knew better, her brother was a happy care giver, he was funny and exciting and was always happy no matter what was bothering him. But this was differen't, and then it made sense.

'' You're in love with her...aren't you?'' his sister  said and he shook his head.

''You know what?, i don't want to talk about it-'' she cut him off ''But Shawn you can tell me-'' and cut her off too.

''i don't know what it is okay?, i don't want to talk about this right now Ali. I'm tired and i haven't slept and i have a show tonight, so can we drop this?'' his voice said harshly but regreted it almost instantly.

''Look, Ali i'm sorr-''

''It's cool Shawn. Love you bye''.

The line went dead and he shut his eyes with annoyance at himself. He just took out his frustration on his sister, which he never did. She most certainly wasn't going to want to talk to him again and he felt terrible now.

He removed the guitar from around his neck and tossed the phone to the side of his bed as he stood up and walked out of the room.

He needed to clear his head.