111

*Selena's POV*

Tired.

That was how I felt. My body hurt in all places not to talk of my lungs, for a while now I've been dehydrating myself not because I didn't want to drink water, but because my body wouldn't let me. My body was tense and I as I stayed laying on the hospital bed where I'd been for more than two weeks now, my depression seemed to worsen by the day.

I missed my friends.

I missed Courtney and Gigi and Taylor and Everyone but most importantly I missed Shawn. My eyes clouded with tears as I thought of him with Miley now. I knew they were together but it killed me how he never even said a word to me about his feelings for her. While all along I've been trying to make him see me as someone and something more. The sick part of all this was that I thought he felt something for me. At least if he didn't love me like the way I do, I figured he'd care about me enough not to do what he did out of the blue, but I was wrong once again.

And I refuse to do this... never again am I going to do this with Miley ever. She can have him really as far as I'm concerned I don't want him anymore.
And here I am talking like he ever wanted me, aren't I hilarious?. Yeah I really am, but I guess somehow I thought he would and maybe he was just as scared to confront it as I was. But as usual I am wrong when it comes to him.

I look to my desk and stare at a Polaroid picture of Shawn and I. We were in my house one Saturday evening and we literally did nothing but eat Cheerios, drink soda and eat popcorn while watching A rainy day in news York. One of the movies I starred in two years ago. Back then Justin and I were still together. We laughed and we cringed at some of the most cliche scenes that I never really payed attention to.
It was chilly inside somehow and as a gentleman Shawn went up to my room to get a blanket for me, when he got back he sat down next to me on the ground and cuddled me closer to him before pulling the blanket over our bodies. At that moment the feeling of him holding me that close sent fireworks down my stomach and all I could think of was how his hands played with the hem of my t shirt. Sometimes he would go further to put his hand into my belly button but I'd obviously smack him for that.
It felt nice, and right and completely natural. At that moment I felt loved. Not lusted after, but loved. I felt loved by him.

But now... I don't know where the love went. There's no words I can use to explain how much Shawn hurt me but all I can say is that he did. He hurt me terribly and he hurt me with Miley.

Why her?.

I kept asking myself since the very first day they brought me in here. Crying and yelling at my nurses. I lost myself one too many times and once again I was losing myself because of her. The girl I thought was my best friend.

I guess friendship is suddenly overrated and apparently it doesn't mean shit anymore.

Turning on my phone in my hands I scroll to my contacts and just stare at his number. He was the only other person who I had grown close to apart from Shawn who really understood me. I can't say we keep in touch with eachother, matter of fact it's been two years since I last saw him, not no matter the time or distance I knew he cared and would be there for me anytime I called. And right now I needed him.

I look at the contact one more time before taping on the call icon and before I realized it his sleepy voice came through.

'Hello?...Selena?' His voice sounded horse and tired and I immediately feel bad for waking him up.

'I'm so sorry if I woke you up I-' he cut me off

'It's fine, that's completely okay. How are you it's been a while'

'I'm okay...' I struggled to breathe out and suddenly paused asking myself why I was lying to him.

'I'm...I'm not okay. I'm in rehab' I say.

'What!?... I don't understand what happened!?' He sounded shocked and nervous.

'I wish I could say it all over the phone, but I'm afraid I can't. I just need you here...please' I say desperate for him to be beside me so I can cry and pour out my frustration for the fourth time this week but this time being listened to.

'Sure, Of course what rehab center are you right now?, you're in LA right?' He asked and I could hear keys being jingled in the background.

'Yeah I am. It's Cedars Sinia medical rehab center.'

'Alright. Look I'll be as soon as I can okay. But don't wait up for me, the way it sounds it looks like a 30 minute drive from my place and it's already 12. So if you want to sleep just sleep I'll be right next to you in the morning okay?'

I sighed in relief 'Okay' I said a bit relaxed now, before I heard the call go dead.
I knew he'd never fail me, he had proven that to me thousands of times and he's proven that once again.

I just needed someone to talk to, a familiar friend to vent my feelings to in order for me not to loose my mind.

That was all I needed right now.

☾ ☾ ☾ ☾ ☾ ☾ ☾

The next morning I woke up with the sun blaring unto my face. I instinctively put my arm to block out the sun sipping through the window just right when a figure came blocking out my vision. the dark figure quickly pulled the window blinds closed and once I was able to see clearly I watched at the figure came to sit in front of me. And at once a bright smile came over my face and he smiled back in return. His smile and his curly hair always made everything seem better.

'You came'

'And you we're out like a light' he replied making me laugh out loud.

'I told you I'd be here when you wake up' he said and I nodded with a little smile. 'Thank you for coming' I say as he presses a kiss to my forehead.