Wedding Day

"How are you feeling?"

Truthfully, all Rory could feel was the giant lump in her throat, but she forced a smile.

"Somewhat nervous."

"We don't have to do this if you don't want to," Alec assured, stepping closer, "We can be just as strong apart as we are together."

She shook her head, "No...I want to do this. It's what's right."

He nodded and was about to leave but she grabbed his wrist. He turned back around to be hugged by the waist. He momentarily lost his breath and stuttered to question it, but decided on wrapping his arms around her.

Rory didn't know why, but she needed the comfort of his hug. She had no one there to support her besides him and her brother, who wouldn't be arriving until later. All she had was Alec.

Rory smelled a whiff of his cologne as they separated. She chuckled lightly, "Sorry. I just needed it."

"No problem," he shrugged, "Look...I'm sorry that your mom isn't here. She's crazy for not wanting to support you."

"Yeah well...that's just mom being mom," she sighed, "Honestly, Eddie's really the only person I call family anyway."

He nodded solemnly and they walked out to see Izzy, Jace, Hodge, and Clary in the ops center.

"I wasn't aware we were holding a meeting."

"Magnus figured out Ragnor Fell is the warlock who made the potion for my mom," Clary informed.

"How can we help?" Rory asked.

"We're just recovering a warlock. We've got this covered. Besides, you have emissaries from the Clave to meet."

Jace harshly glared at them before leaving. Rory sighed shortly and Magnus pulled her to the side.

"So...marriage?"

"I know what you're thinking-"

"Do you? Darling, I have never seen you make a decision that you didn't believe in. Why start now?" he asked.

"I believe in Alec. Isn't that enough?"

He smirked and pulled her closer, "I'm happy for you...truly. It's a shame your father and brother couldn't be here. Alice is missing out as well."

She smiled and hugged him tightly. He bid her goodbye before leaving for their mission. Izzy pulled Rory back to her room for a surprise.

"I never got the chance to thank you...for the trial and all," she said sincerely, "I know I haven't exactly been the nicest to you."

Rory shrugged, "I expected it."

"Well now, I respect you. And since you're getting married to my brother, I'd like to be a good sister in law," she stated, "That being said, since your mom isn't here, I figured that I'd put myself in charge of your wedding things."

She pulled out a dress from inside her closet and held it out. Rory gasped lightly at the beauty and elegance of it. The light lace detail on the body of the dress was glorious. Izzy smiled at the reaction and held it out to her body.

"Try it on."

"I-I can't, Izzy."

"Don't be silly. It'll look amazing on you."

Rory sighed and gently took it from her. She walked behind the screen and slipped it on. Izzy helped her lace it up in the back. Once it was on, she lightly traced the neckline lace all the way down to her sleeves.