It's Real

Rory decided that she shouldn't bother Alec while he was venting his problems out by training alone. She knew he was on the roof with Jace, who most likely wanted to calm him down.

Instead, she started to move her things into his room. As if Jocelyn's death wasn't hard enough, they were still adjusting to each other. She was carrying a box to his room when a sharp pain exploded in her head.

The box fell from her hands as she gripped her head, shouting in pain. Her vision kept blacking in and out. Her breathing became erratic. Her pulse quickened.

She spent a few minutes controlling what was happening to her. When she regained her composure and ignored the current confusion, she picked the box back up and shakily walked to Alec's room.

She needed to change before she went out and picked up a shirt from the top box in her pile. She took off her jacket and shirt, leaving her in her black sports bra.

She was about to put on the clean shirt when it suddenly started to sizzle and catch fire. She shouted in surprise and dropped it. The fire spread to the rest of the fabric, burning a majority of it. She grabbed a nearby vase full of dead flowers and poured the water on it. The fire sizzled out and wisps of smoke rose.

She set down the vase and looked down at her shaking hands, "What the hell?"

Rory moved to the bathroom and splashed water on her face. She screwed her eyes shut and wiped off the droplets. She reached for the towel and lightly grasped the rack.

A powerful shock exploded from her hand and the towel rack shattered and fell on the ground. She shouted as the pieces splintered all over the floor.

She nervously backed up into the bedroom. She was starting to freak out but stopped when the door opened.

Alec's eyes connected with hers. Then they drifted down her body. It was only then that she remembered that she wasn't wearing a shirt. She gulped and crossed her arms to cover herself.

He scratched the back of his neck and looked away, choosing to focus on her boxes.

He gestured to them, "I see you've moved in."

"I didn't want to bother you."

He looked back at her quickly before finding one of his shirts next him on the dresser and tossing it to her. She thanked him and blushed while she slipped it on quickly.

"I don't think you could bother me if you tried," he mumbled.

She didn't think that he meant for her to hear it but she smiled lightly when she did. She grabbed his arm and stopped him. Her eyes held sympathy, "How-"

"I'm fine."

He sighed, not meaning to cut her off, "Sorry. I'm just-"

"Stressed? Guilty? Angry?" she guessed.

He nodded and she slowly pulled him closer. She wrapped her arms around his waist. He hugged her back, feeling comfort in it. He immediately relaxed and let his guard down. His hand rested around her shoulder and one softly laid on the back of her head.

When she let go, Alec kept his grip on her. He let his hand slide to her waist. He swiped her cheek with his thumb, looking into her rich brown eyes. Her lips parted again and she held her breath.

Alec suddenly seemed discouraged and he stepped away, turning his back to her. She blushed embarrassingly and cleared her throat.

"I-I'm sorry-"

"No, it's okay," she shrugged.

"Rory-"

She inhaled sharply, "I just remembered that I have to be at Magnus' soon. Call if you need me."