Johnathon Morgenstern

Rory giggled she pushed Alec down on his back. She straddled his hips and leaned into their kiss. His hands started to crawl up her sides and under her shirt. But when his fingertips hit her skin, a sharp pain erupted in her head; a familiar feeling she had recently received.

She winced and turned her whole body away from him. Alec leaned up in confusion, "What's wrong? Did I do something?"

"No, no," she assured, pressing her fingers on her temple, "It's nothing, I just..."

She trailed off, feeling the pain subside. Alec sat up and placed a hand on her shoulder, pulling her back to him. She hesitantly looked back at him and he gasped.

Her purple cat eyes caught his gaze.

His face was confused at first, but then he smiled, "They're beautiful...you're beautiful."

His hand moved up to her cheek and she held it lovingly, "You're not freaked out by it?"

"A little bit," he admitted, "But it's nothing to be ashamed of."

She shyly smiled and kissed the inside of his palm, leaning her cheek into his hand, "You're too good to me, Alec Lightwood."

-

"Thanks to Dot's help, we now have the Mortal Mirror."

"And you have it well guard here at the Institute, I presume?" Sebastian questioned.

"The elite guards are the only ones who know its location," Alec said, "It's safer that way."

Clary spoke up, "Johnathon went after Elliot and Dot for the mirror. Now that he knows we have it, he'll come for it."

"Agreed. Report back if there are any entrances where Valentine and Johnathon can breach.

They nodded and dispersed. Izzy held back Rory and Alec, "Have you guys seen Max?"

They shook their heads and walked off separately. Rory tried to make it back to their room but she got a phone call on the way. She groaned when the dreaded name popped up on the screen, "Hello, mother."

"Hello, Aurora. It's been awhile."

Rory scoffed, "Well the last time I tried to talk to you, I invited you to a wedding that you didn't attend."

Her mother sighed, "I had to handle some business here in Idris."

"Whatever the reason," she dismissed, "We aren't on good terms."

She continued down the hall while her mother started arguing with lame excuses.

"It was my wedding, mom," she stated, "Your daughter got married."

"I know but-"

Rory stopped in her tracks when she saw blood spattered across the hardwood. She furrowed her brows and looked up and down the hall for anyone who passed by.

"I've got to go," she interrupted, ending the call. She slipped her phone in her back pocket and cautiously approached the trail. As soon as the blood entered a room, she saw a small figure lying limp on the floor.

She gasped, "Max!"

Instantly running to him, she kneeled down and checked for a pulse. Luckily, he was still alive. Blood was running from his face and he was out cold. She tried to trace her stele over his healing rune but he wouldn't wake up. No one was close enough to call for help so she picked him up in her arms and carried him to the medics room.

They hurriedly took him out of her arms and laid him down. Rory quickly texted Izzy and Alec about the situation.

"I tried to use his healing rune but it wouldn't work," she explained to them.