Live, Conquer, Lie

Alec couldn't stand that he was stuck in the Institute while Rory was still out there. He wanted their life together to be somewhat normal. He especially didn't want her to remember her wedding day as the day everything went downhill. He tried to make the pain go away by training but Clary approached him.

"Alec, are you okay?" she asked.

"Bold of you to show your face here," he sneered.

"I can explain-" she pleaded.

"Unless your explanation can bring Rory and Jace back...save it."

"Alec, Jace is my brother too. And I respect Rory," she said.

Alec stopped punching and turned to face her, "You barely know them. I grew up with Jace. I fought by his side. Jace is my brother. Rory is my wife, who, by the way, no one here has treated with the kindness and respect she's given everyone else. Don't pretend to care."

Clary went to grab his arm in comfort but he pulled away from her harshly.

"Alec, I want Jace and Rory back just as much as you do. I am not my mother," she said.

"How well do I even know you? I mean, you show up out of nowhere, you convince my brother, my wife, my sister, and me to search for your mother. And the next thing I know, Jace and Rory are gone. And it's your mother who tried to kill Jace," he burst angrily.

"I had nothing to do with that. I would never hurt them," Clary begged.

"Since you've arrived, you've caused nothing but problems. My family lost their birthright, Izzy was almost deruned, Rory was dragged into this mess and is probably suffering, and Valentine has my parabatai. And it's all because of you," he accused.

Izzy walked up to them as Clary started to tear up. She laid a hand on the red head's shoulder as she lightly glared at her brother.

"I-I'm sorry..." Clary whispered.

"Alec, this isn't her fault!" Izzy defended.

"When are you gonna realize you don't belong here? You never have."

Alec said his final words and stormed off, leaving Clary to cry by herself.

-

Somehow, someway, Clary Fairchild had appeared on the ship. Rory was unconscious during the time of her arrival, but was promptly woken up when the red headed girl shook her.

Clary lightly tapped on Rory's cheeks, forcing her to open her eyes. She groaned and whimpered at the difference in color from the bleakness she'd gotten used to.

"Clary?" she questioned, sitting up, "How are you here?"

"Dot brought me here. We need to find Jace."

Rory nodded and stood up. Her cage door was open, courtesy of Dot. She wondered why the warlock was out in the open to begin with.

"Last I checked, Jace was with Valentine. He rarely comes down here. I've only seen him a few times after the first day," she informed.

Clary sighed and wrapped her arm around the injured woman's waist. She started to walk her up the stairs.

"We're outnumbered and defenseless," Rory stated, "How do you plan on getting out?"

"Still working on it."

-

After a day of doing absolutely nothing of worth, the Lightwood siblings returned to the Institute.