Vows Without Words

The first thing she felt was the water in her lungs. Rory immediately awoke and choked on it, expelling it into the sand in front of her.

She then felt the waves against her legs and the mush under her hands. Realizing that she had washed up onto shore, she knew that she was finally free.

She looked around for Jace and Clary but couldn't find them. She stood up as a lone runner approached her.

"Are you okay?" he asked.

She looked over her body and saw blood dripping from everywhere. Since she didn't have her stele, she couldn't glamour herself invisible either.

She huffed and pushed past him, walking up to the pier and onto the streets. Many judgmental stares were given her way but she didn't care. All she could focus on was getting back to Alec and the institute.

But the fact was, New York was still new to her. She had no idea where she was or how to get back. But she spotted a dollar store across the street and limped over, causing havoc amongst many angry drivers.

The bell signaled her entry and the owner greeted her with concern. She steadied herself on the counter, "I need a phone."

"We don't sell them here. There's a pay phone a few blocks south," he informed.

"That's too far," she grumbled.

"I can offer you a map?"

She rolled her eyes and took the map from his shaking hands. He gave it to her free of charge, scared of her demeanor and outward appearance.

She opened the paper map and tried to locate a familiar place. She spotted Magnus' apartment building only a block away.

Huffing and pulling herself together, she used back alleys to limp her way over. The alleys took extra work but it was better than getting herself caught by the cops or exposing the shadow world.

Twenty gruesome minutes later, Rory arrived at his front door. She knocked loudly but there was no response; Magnus must've been gone.

Too tired to try and break in or go someplace else, she slid her back against the wall and rested, falling asleep quickly.

-

"So Dot took down the barrier and you three jumped together?" Izzy clarified.

"We were together when we jumped but not when we got to shore. The water was too heavy and it must've split us. I looked everywhere for them," Clary stated, "If Jace is in the same condition as Alec, he wouldn't have been able to swim-"

"No," Izzy argued, "Jace is alive. What about Rory?"

Clary sighed, "She could barely walk when we got her out. I can't imagine what the fall must've been like for her."

"We need to find them fast," Izzy stated, placing her hands on her hips, "Alec is depending on them."

-

Once they received an urgent call from him, the girls decided to meet Jace at Magnus' apartment. They brought along Alec so the two brothers could heal each other. When they got there, they immediately saw the pale, ghost like body of Rory slumped in the hallway.

Izzy and Clary rushed to her, shaking her shoulders. Rory groaned from the abrupt awakening of her slumber.

The girls each took an arm and carried her inside, setting her on the couch opposite of Alec. Rory's eyes lazily drifted over to her husband, to which she immediately became concerned.

"What happened to him?" she asked worriedly.

"He tried to track Jace through his parabatai bond and now he's stuck somewhere in between," Magnus explained, "Don't worry about it darling...I'll heal you."