Lessons Never Learned

"What the hell, Jace?"

"Oh no."

The blonde tried to hide behind Izzy but utterly failed as Rory stormed up to him. Alec hurriedly jogged behind his wife, trying to catch her arm before she attacked his parabatai.

"Jace Herondale, don't you dare try and hide from me!"

He sighed and timidly stepped out from behind an amused Lightwood. He held his hands up in surrender, "Listen-"

"No, you listen!" she shouted, shoving his chest roughly, "I specifically gave you an order not summon Lilith. Even after disobeying my instruction, what's worse is that she escaped!"

"We didn't know that Cain would let her go," he reasoned.

"You didn't know a lot of things, except for the risks! Now that she's loose, she will wreak havoc across the shadow world. Not to mention, she'll hurt our family and make us commit the crime ourselves."

He sighed as she continually shoved his chest back in frustration. Izzy held Alec back from stopping her, knowing that her sister in law just needed to let it out.

"You and I know better than anyone that Lilith is ruthless," she said lowly, "And if anyone we care about dies because of this mistake...that's on you."

Jace avoided her gaze as guilt washed over him. Izzy stepped forward and gently laid a hand on Rory's shoulder, "We'll deal with Lilith when the time comes. But right now we should deal with Johnathon and the Glorious sword. I could use some help if you're up for it."

Without a proper answer, she pulled Rory away from the blonde and towards the weapons room. Simon was already waiting for them in a chair.

"You seem awfully angry today," Izzy stated.

"I've got a lot to be angry about."

Simon began twisting a small blade around in his hand. Izzy shuffled some weapons over to make room for the girl.

"So Lilith said that the only way to break the connection between Clary and Johnathon was with a sword, Glorious. Apparently the sword was imbued with heavenly fire," Izzy informed.

"I've heard that name before," Rory frowned. She scanned her mind for the name and it clicked, "Heavenly Fire is the name of a top secret Clave program."

"How did you know that?" the Lightwood asked.

Rory shrugged, "I used to sneak into my mom's office and read her files."

Izzy and Simon toothily grinned in appreciation.

"The more I learn about you, the more badass you get," Simon complimented.

She smirked as Izzy continued, "You're right. A shadowhunter from the Gard was killed not long ago and the last words he said were heavenly fire in Latin."

"So you think this is connected?" Rory questioned.

"What else could it be?"

Alec walked in behind them out of breath, "What was so urgent that-"

He spotted Simon as the downworlder stood up. Alec pointed to him, "What's he doing here?"

Simon's face reflected an insulted look from the harshness of Alec's comment.

Izzy brushed it off, "I was able to decrypt the chip I extracted from sentry Greenlaw. We think it holds the key to breaking Clary's bond with Johnathon."

She pressed a button on her keyboard and directed their attention to the screen. Four pictures and files were pulled up.

"Greenlaw smuggled out prisoner profiles?"