Alicante

Rory squeezed Alec's hand as Clary made her way down the aisle. She recited the shadowhunter vows as the Silent Brother gave her the mark of the angel.

"This rune of angelic power is well deserved," Inquisitor Herondale praised, "You are no longer a shadowhunter in training. You have defeated our greatest enemy. Valentine may have used the Mortal Instruments to raise the angel, Raziel...but you prevented a wish from being granted."

The red haired girl looked down slightly as the inquisitor continued, "Clarissa Fairchild, may your heroism be a shining example to shadowhunters across the world. Congratulations."

Everyone began happily clapping as Clary turned back to them. She beamed brightly towards her friends, who gave her warm smiles in return. The inquisitor announced the after party as soon as the clapping grew soft. Everyone began moving the chairs out of the way as music started playing and drinks were passed around. Clary ran to meet them, instantly being greeted by Izzy's hug and congratulations.

"How does it feel?" Alec asked.

"It hurt," she joked, "It was amazing. Just a little embarrassing with all these people around."

"Don't be embarrassed," Izzy encouraged, "You're the hero of Alicante. You went hand to hand with Valentine and killed him. Stop being so modest."

Clary blushed lightly. Izzy excused herself to find her mother and Rory walked out to the balcony. She knew Alec wanted to talk to Clary about something so she gave them privacy.

She sighed and felt the evening breeze blow through her hair. She glanced to the side and caught a blur of a person. She did a double take but no one was there. She looked around again but found only a few Silent Brothers roaming around.

"Are you okay?"

She spun around and met Alec's eyes. She steadied her breathing before nodding and putting on a smile.

"Just getting some air."

He squinted in suspicion and moved closer. He held her hips and pulled her closer, "You know I can tell when you're lying by now."

Rory inwardly laughed and bit her lip, "I promise you, I'm okay. Everything is just overwhelming."

"Valentine is dead," he stated. He smirked slyly, "There's nothing else to worry about...unless he somehow comes back from the dead."

She tensed slightly and forced a smile, "Right...coming back from the dead is crazy."

-

Magnus greeted Aurora as she entered the apartment. She brushed past another woman as she was on her way out.

"Who was that?" she asked, gesturing to the blonde.

"Stella Woods, a long time client of mine and the lead singer of Wicked. She lost her voice," he informed, "A touch of ground ox claw, some calcified lizard's feet, and she's back on the bill."

Rory scrunched her face in disgust, "Gross. I thought you didn't get clients anymore."

"Well since I've been dismissed I'm free to see whoever I want."

"Dismissed?" she repeated, her mind refocusing, "What happened?"

Magnus moved behind his shelves of ingredients and peeked through a gap between jars, "While you were in Idris, the fallout from my decision to lend the warlocks' support to the Seelie Queen had some...negative reactions from the Clave."

"I'm sorry," she apologized, softening her tone.

"Don't be. I'm not upset. I'm actually elated," he admitted, "Shouldering the weight of all the warlocks in Brooklyn is exhausting."