Day Off

Rory opened the curtains to expose them to the sunlight. Alec popped up and shielded his tired eyes, grumbling under his breath.

"Why is it so early?"

She chuckled and moved behind the desk to gather her things, "Sorry, I haven't been able to sleep a lot recently."

She conjured up a tray of breakfast and moved back. She set the tray on the table next to him as he surveyed her.

"Why are you dressed?"

"Well, we did have sex in the office," she shrugged, gesturing to their surroundings, "I figured that one of us had to be ready in case we got called or someone walked in."

He smiled as the sunlight hit her face radiantly. He curiously picked up the biscuit and examined it, "Is today a special day?"

"It's our day off!"

She slapped her hands down on her knees and tossed his shirt at his face. He groaned and caught it, trying to turn back around to sleep.

"Nuh-uh," she stopped, pulling his shoulder back, "Get up. We're gonna train."

"Our one day off and you want to train?" he questioned in disbelief.

"You're just scared I'll kick your ass."

He scoffed and slipped his shirt over his head. He held his lips out and waited for her morning kiss. She chuckled and pressed a small peck to his lips.

"Let's go!"

He groaned again and got up, slipping his clothes on quickly. He took a few bites of his breakfast before they walked to the training room. It was relatively empty since it was most people's break day.

Alec decided to use staffs and tossed one at her, "Look alive."

She grinned, "I like it when you get all bossy on me."

"Don't flirt with me."

He lowered his center and struck. He pushed her back across the length of the floor. She caught his staff with her own, "Is that all you've got?"

She pushed his staff away, hitting it every time she pushed him back a step. She jumped to get the advantage on him and kicked his knee down. They both spun out of the way of each other's weapons but Rory kept her staff at his throat.

"Too easy," she bragged.

He grunted and spun on his knees, grabbing her staff with his other hand and using his own to trip her. She jumped and tried to kick out but he tore the staff from her hands and pushed her shoulder to the floor.

She winced as he held both staffs in his hand. She stood up as he tossed the weapons aside, "Those would've been your last words."

"Not necessarily."

She swung her fist wide, missing Alec completely. But while he ducked, she side stepped and elbowed his stomach.

He stumbled back as she circled back to her original spot. Her look of victory never left her face. Alec grew annoyed at her amusement and stepped closer.

He took a wide punch at her face but she dropped to her hands and kicked both of his legs out as he stumbled from his lack of balance. He fell between her legs and she used them to pin his limbs straight while wrapping her arm around his throat.

Alec tried to squirm out of her grip. He fell to his side and Rory wrapped her leg around him to subdue his movements. She pulled his dominant arm up, hearing his bones lightly pop from the stretch.