SOB's and Lab Partners

After several hours of severe torture and beatings, Valentine decided to throw Rory into a cage in the darkest part of the ship. She winced and laid unmoving as she clutched her wounds.

She was put on the lower deck with the other prisoners, mostly downworlders. A warlock stood in the adjacent cage, waiting for the shadowhunter to regain her composure.

"Jace..." Rory gasped.

"He's with Valentine. But don't worry, he won't hurt him," she assured.

Rory used her jail bars to pull herself up to her feet. She tried to get as close as possible to the lady in front of her.

"Who are you?" she rasped.

"I'm Dot. Clary is my friend."

"You know Clary...how'd you get caught?"

Dot shrugged, "Valentine got to me after I helped Jocelyn. I've been here ever since."

"What is this place?" she questioned, looking around at the beaten prisoners, "Are we on a ship?"

Dot nodded. Rory sighed and cursed under her breath, knowing it was harder to track over water. She gave up trying to find answers to her questions and rested.

She laid her discarded jacket over her body, trying to cover her wounds. Her shirt was too ripped up to even protect her from the cold.

"You're married?" Dot inquired, noticing the rune on her chest.

She nodded. The warlock sighed and looked at the torn up girl, "I'm sure they'll find a way to save you."

"I hope so."

-

Alice arrived soon after she heard that her daughter was taken. She immediately stormed up to Alec while they were having a meeting.

"First day married and you've already lost my daughter! Explain yourself, Lightwood!"

Magnus and Izzy tried to calm her down. They knew Alec was already stressed enough without having to deal with his new mother in law.

"I can't sense Jace through our parabatai bond," he stated.

"Hodge said Valentine was on a ship. They might still be over water."

Alice scoffed and began yelling at the oldest Lightwood about how terrible his leadership was. He tried to ignore her and give the rest of them instructions but her voice was too persistent.

"Enough!" he shouted, slamming his hands down on the table as he turned to the woman, "You think I wanted them to be taken? I care about them, especially your daughter. I will protect my family at all costs and Rory is now part of that family. And if you don't like my leadership, then maybe you should start learning to."

He pushed past her and walked back to the others who had been gathered.

"Listen up!" he shouted to everyone, "I want a twenty-four seven watch over the Hudson and East rivers. If you see anything unusual you come to me first."

"I've got this, Mr. Lightwood," Alice stated.

"Then why aren't they back yet?" he shouted.

"Don't forget who you're talking to. I am still the head of this institute," she threatened.

"Actually, your daughter is. And she's also gone!"

"Alec," Izzy warned, sensing the thin line her brother walked on, "You need to take a breather."

"Isabelle's right. Take a break...that's an order."

He glanced between the two and huffed, storming away.