Prolouge

Running into the dark alley, Ghide sped past the closed shops and ducked around the corner.

"Do you think you can escape from me!" an unnerving shout rang in her ears. Behind her came the crash, as the man slammed onto the empty boxes, sending them all in different directions.

Tears fell on her eyes as she tried her best to elude from her chaser. Huffing heavily, Ghide stopped her pace when she saw the huge wall in her North. She looked left to right, but was failed to find a way to escape; it's the dead end.

"Oh, miss Ghide Hymingly~" The man's hum echoed in that narrowed space. "I told you not to run anymore. You just wasted your energy."

Her knees trembled as she turned around and saw the shadow of the coming danger. From the beginning of this chase, she was so pessimistic. Ghide knew she can't escape but still she hoped. She wished she can overcome this as long as she'll do her best; that all she needs is to shut her eyes, then forced her feet to move even if they feel so numb.

'Tak tak tak tak tak.'

But as he stepped closer, the light of her hope slowly faded. Then dark. Black silhouette overlapped. With silent gasps, her shaking pupils landed at his face which emitted a murderous aura. His black hair glistened under the moonlight. The night is a blanket of darkness, but his pale skin shimmered brightly. A pair of rounded eyes squinted at her and red lips stretched for a grin.

He's a good-looking man which some might mistake as the handsome vampire of the night. But she can't admire of these: his face, his voice, his built or his smile. For the prey, nothing would be ingenious about the man who might kill her sooner or later.

"Now I also sweated so much. Damn it," he whined in a husky voice.

'Tak tak tak'

He marched closer, much closer that the sound of his steps began to bang on her chest, like a hammer slamming on her ribcages.

'Is this really the end? Am I going to die tonight?' she asked herself.

Whether it is really the time to die or not, it is human instinct's job to determine. Therefore, when Ghide spotted a long steel at her side, she believed it is still not the time to surrender and accept her death.

'Why should I accept dying that fast!' She cursed the heaven. Desperate to live, she picked up the steel. "D-Don't come near me!" she threatened then pointed her weapon to him.

The man moved one step backward, as Ghide swung the iron bat in different directions. Next, a crackle of laugh slipped from his red lips.

"That's very funny," he chuckled, not because he really found it very humorous. It's a compliment rather. He wanted to praise the brave frail girl, who had the guts to fight back against him. If he can add more, he'll also call her an 'idiot'.

'Calling her an idiot is a compliment too,' He defended inwardly, because sometimes, stupidity can make someone looks so cute. But not in a good way.

Grinning on his triumph, he stepped closer again.

"G-Go away!" Ghide's voice cracked in the middle. And though he heard her loud and clear, the man moved forward with apathetic gaze. Soon, the smile on his mouth has vanished.

"I said move ba-" Ghide shouted, lifting the steel upward. Then, she shut her eyes before she targeted his head. But the man avoided her hit. The window of her eyes opened widely, and in front of her, the spooky image of the guy who's holding the steel he snatched from her trembling hands as he sneered, has appeared.

"That's not cute," he whispered before he threw the iron bat on the ground with a clang.

'Ttting!'

By the second she looked at him, big hand wrapped around her neck.

"Urk!"

She was pinned on the wall. Ghide wriggled her hands to remove his grip and waggled her feet as the man lifted her from the ground.

"Uccckkk!" She winced in pain.

"I... I c-can't br... b-breathe," she huffed a throaty plea. Her ears throbbed in pain and her throat stung as if soon, she'll vomit blood. She felt the swelling of her tongue and the lightheadedness that made her vision turned very cloudy. Slowly losing her strength, Ghide thought it's the time to admit her near end.

'This is it. I'm going to die.'

Tears fell from her eyes; they dropped down on the man's arm. She looked at him and reminisced the first day she met this man: On her way home after attending school, Ghide was surrounded with a group of scary looking men. Among them, there was this handsome guy named Choi Seungcheol. His first approach was very gentle and calm. But the words he uttered were as piercing as swords. "I'll give you three days to pay your father's debts."

Ghide did her best to collect what she could gather in allotted time. But despite of her efforts, the money she had was only enough to pay one-eight of their loans. Therefore, she chose the last resort – it was to escape. However. The loan shark company owner, Simon, still caught her in the end.

"People begged when they need money. But when it is paying time, they tend to run as if a monster is chasing them. Am I right?" Seungcheol whispered before he loosened his grip.

He watched her fell down on the ground with nonchalant eyes. Coughing so hard, Ghide lifted her head to him and asked, "My father...ugh!.. d-died already. He was the one who... ugh... borrowed money from you! W-Why should I pay?!"

The evil man licked the corner of his lips as he knelt down to meet her eyes. "This is your father's fault. Why did he borrow from an evil guy like me who doesn't pity anyone?"

More tears pour down on her cheeks as the fear engulfed her without a hint of empathy. "I d-don't have money. I'm just a s-student. So how c-can I pay you?"

Seungcheol lifted her chin and responded with a smirk, "Really? There's one way you can." She felt his eyes scanning her from head to toe. "Use your body," he dropped.