Chapter One- I Suppose Moving Away From Home is Never Going to be Easy

Time seemed to be moving incredibly quickly, and I knew that part of the reason behind that was due to me moving  two hours away from home today, to start my time at Cambridge University. 

I was still incredibly proud of myself for receiving the letter of an offer, in all honesty. 

Despite not being from the wealthiest of families, I had been fortunate enough to receive the offer of a scholarship, given that my grades had been the highest of anyone's at my college. 

I didn't like to brag about it, though, but my father, Steven, would insist that I should be proud of my accomplishments. 

He really did make me feel valued, and I was ever so thankful for him. 

"I'm going to miss you, Selina," he told me, as he helped me carry some of the bags from my room to the car. 

"You too, dad. You know that," I told him. 

My dad was my rock. 

My mother, Jacqueline, and I had a questionable relationship at best, but I knew that she really was trying to be there for me more. 

She had just been struggling with a lot recently, mental-health wise, and after the death of her parents, she hadn't been the most talkative of people. 

Violet soon wandered out to us, with a serious expression upon her face. 

"Can I help out with anything?" she asked. 

I supposed time felt like it was rushing for her, too. 

Violet was only a year older than me, at the age of twenty-one, but she had decided to take a gap year, and I couldn't help but feel like I may have betrayed her by enrolling in university during a time that we could have spent a lot more time together. 

That being said, Violet was always supportive. 

I looked towards the bags in the back of the car for a moment, with consideration. 

"I think I left my purse upstairs. Could you grab it for me?" 

She nodded. 

"On it," she said, and wandered off to go and get it, only to re-emerge from the house several minutes later empty handed. 

Damn it. 

"I couldn't see it," she stated, with a sigh. 

"I'll come and help you look for it," I replied, and headed back in doors with her. 

Eventually I found it! 

It was hidden under a pile of clothes in the bottom of my wardrobe because of course, it would be. 

 With the purse secured, Violet and I headed back outside. 

In the sunlight, I took a moment to glance towards her with an appreciative expression. 

My eyes moved towards her hair, which I admired. 

She had chocolate brown hair like me, but she had dyed the ends purple as a way to match her name. 

It was pretty cool. 

I had always loved our names. 

Mine, Selina, meant the moon, and my father had wanted to name me that because of his Greek heritage. 

I had made it a mission of mine, over the summer, to learn some Greek, but had only been successful in learning a few words thus far. 

I had often said that it confused me, given that it was an entirely different alphabet.