Chapter Fifteen- I Go To A Festival

I was thankful for the good weather, even though we were now approaching December. 

It was a great thing, because there would soon be an Autumn festival taking place on the university campus, and this was something that I was especially excited for. 

I supposed that I was coming 'out of my shell' a little bit, as countless guidance counsellors had stated I needed to do. 

I walked across the sunny university campus with a smile upon my face, but I soon felt it fade slightly, as I came to see Lily. 

The corner of her mouth twitched up a little once she saw me. 

She was carrying a lot of textbooks, so I assumed that she had been doing some studying before she saw me. 

"Hey. You actually look sort of nice today," she told me then. 

I just looked down towards my denim jacket and black slim-fit trousers for a moment, before returning my focus to those grey eyes looking back at me. 

"Thank you?" I asked. 

"You're welcome," she said, with one eyebrow arched at me, as she smirked in gentle amusement. 

Well, I had to admit that I hadn't been expecting to get a comliment from her, but it had been nice all the same. 

We were soon joined by Ulric, who wrapped one of his arms around Lily's shoulders, for a moment, in greeting. 

"Hey," he said to her. 

"Hey Ulric. How're you doing?" Lily asked him. 

"I'm good! How was studying?" he asked. 

"Also pretty good. I'm confident I'll get an A* on the next exam, at least. It should be easy to do so," she said. 

Ulric smiled encouragingly, as he gave a subtle nod of his head, in response to Lily's confidence. 

His attention soon turned to me. 

"Oh hey Selina," he said. 

"Hey Ulric," I replied. 

"Nice to see you," he stated. 

"Yeah, you too," I said. 

Lily's eyes just flickered between the two of us, then, as her expression became thoughtful. 

"Anyway...I want to go and get a latte. Coming with?" she asked Ulric. 

"Sure," he replied, and began to walk away with her. 

I just decided to follow them, as it was likely that I would probably be able to meet with some of my friends in the cafe. 

Surely enough, once we arrived there, I quickly discovered that Yasmin and Lance were there, too. 

Ulric and Lily went to sit down after swiftly managing to get to the front of the queue. 

I just joined Yasmin and Lance, who looked towards me with kind eyes. 

"Hey Selina," they greeted me simultaneously. 

"Hey Yas, hey Lance. How are you guys doing?" I asked. 

Yasmin adjusted the collar of her pink leather jacket for a moment, scanning the menu for a latte choice. 

Once she had decided, she turned her attention back to me. 

"Sorry, I got distracted," she said, tucking some of her golden blonde hair behind her ear, "Anyway... I'm good! Excited for the autumn festival soon! How about you, Selina?"