Chapter Thirty- I Join Theatre Society

After class, a few days later, I went home from class early so that I could go and have a look at my overall grade for the term so far.

I knew that Mr Jones had told me that I was doing pretty well, but I still wanted to check.

I supposed that the hard working natures of my friends had inspired me to get a head start on reading, even if we weren't going to have another assignment or exam for some time.

Besides, my mind was still preoccupied with thoughts of Lily. However, she was still busy, and I couldn't help but admit that I did miss her.

Maybe I had just become overly sensitive but she really did mean the world to me.

Nevertheless, I managed to adjust to not having her around as much through spending plenty of time with my friends.

I was becoming more occupied, too, free joining the book club and theatre club, thanks to Lily and Yasmin's encouragement.

All in all, they were going pretty great! The members of both societies were really sweet, and it made me wonder why I had been so scared to join in the first place.

Although, I supposed anxiety could just be weird like that.

I made sure to phone home several times, in order to inform my family of how it was going. My mother had sounded a lot calmer the last time I called her, too, which I was glad to hear.

I missed them all, but I knew that it was likely I would see them soon enough. For now, though, I relied on video calling.

I wanted to design some art for my room, including a sign for my door, which I placed my full name on it.

Selina Effie Cooper.

I knew that some people thought my name was unique; others may have thought that it was weird.

I, on the other hand, was learning to love it.

Once I had written out my name in artistic handwriting, I decided it was about time for me to wander out into the hall, just to see if anyone else was up.

I found Yasmin there, when I left my room.

"Good morning Selina!" she greeted me.

"Morning Yas," I replied, with a sweet smile.

"How are you doing on this February morning?" Yasmin asked me.

"I'm good," I said.

It had begun to get colder, but that just meant that Lily was given an excuse to offer her jacket to me. It was rather cute. I had also recently gone shopping with her, too, and discovered that she could be incredibly picky with her outfits.

That was alright, though, as she always looked incredibly stylish.

"Are you sure? You seem deep in thought," Yasmin informed me.

She had always been insightful like that.

"I suppose I'm just missing Lily," I stated.

Lily had recently gone home to see her family. She would be returning soon enough, though. I couldn't wait to be able to kiss her again. I really did like her.

Safe to say that my feelings were becoming ridiculous, but I didn't even care at this point.

"Trust me, she misses you too," Yasmin replied.

I directed a grateful look her way.

I could hear the wind raging away outside the window momentarily, like an angry spirit.