Chapter Eleven- I Celebrate Bonfire Night

November bounced into my life like a lioness from a tree, and when it came around, I continued to witness the trees lose their colourful leaves, as I relished in the delicious tastes and scents of pumpkin spice lattes and toffee apples. 

Halloween was over, which meant that we were now preparing for the university's annual Bonfire Night, which as you can probably expect, everyone was excited to go to, of course. 

The weather was getting a lot colder, and the air felt more bitter against my skin, as November progressed. This essentially meant that I had switched to wearing more layers and jumpers.

I didn't really mind the cold weather all that much, though. It just gave me an excuse to drink more hot chocolate and more lattes.

Besides that, we were getting closer to Christmas, now. My favourite time of year.

I knew this didn't hold true for everyone, but my family had always ensured that we did Christmas in style.

We would buy boxes filled with the best mince pies, and plenty more food, too.

I had to admit that I was pretty excited for it, this year, too, as I would get to see my family again.

That was going to happen soon enough though, anyway, as we had a week long break in November.

I certainly was looking forward to seeing my sister again.

I truly had missed her, and my parents too, of course.

However, Violet was great in the fact that she could give me advice on the matters that really did matter.

In this sort of situation, I felt myself needing advice on a lot.

Of course, I was referring to the whole Lily situation, again.

What else would I be talking about?

Either way, I left my room as it was getting closer to Bonfire evening time, and soon found Winona waiting outside for me, dressed in a sweater, too, and a scarf and gloves for good measure.

"Hey," she said to me, with a smile, "Now I know I'm a little late but there was an update and I had to play my games."

I just smiled at her, with gentle amusement.

"No worries, Win. I took about ten, okay, thirty minutes just deciding what to wear," I stated.

"Damn," Winona replied.

"Can we expected Miss Everett to be accompanying us?" I inquired.

Winona gave me a thoughtful look, before she replied.

"Apparently she is sick," she stated, with a solemn expression.

Oh. Well, at least my anxiety would be slightly less.

"I hope she gets well soon," I said.

Winona gave a nod.

"Yeah, me too. Lily is also the worst kind of person when she is sick. So, there's that," she stated.

I just gave a slight shake of my head, in my amusement. 

"Anyway, ready to go?" Winona asked, holding her arm out a little, in order to loop it with mine.

"Ready to go," I replied.

With that in mind, the two of us headed out of the university accommodation, and began to walk towards the main field, where the bonfire would be taking place.

"I'm so excited!" Xena stated, as we joined them.

"You are?" I asked them.

They just gave a vigorous nod of their head.

"Yup! I want to toast marshmallows," Xena stated with their excitement.

"Likewise," Winona stated, as she began to get a pack of marshmallows out of her bag.

The two of them just began to roast the marshmallows, then, while I looked on with subtle amusement.

A few moments later, and the university staff notified us about releasing the fireworks into the air.

A few moments later, sparkling streams of reds, golds and greens, all became visible in the air.

Suffice to say, I was rather excited by this whole thing.

"Hey!" Yasmin said, as she joined me, with a small smile upon her face.

"Hi Yasmin," I replied, as my eyes looked towards the sky, for a moment, and then back to her so that I noticed the sparkling lights of the fireworks and pinwheels reflect in her bright eyes.

"How are you doing, Selina?" she asked me.

"I'm good," I told her.

It was the truth, too.

I felt very fortunate to be able to spend this time with my friends.

Yasmin smiled, the cheeks of her face becoming a little warmer, as she did so.

I think Yasmin was becoming my favourite friend of Lily.

She was just so sweet and caring that it made me feel happy to consider her a friend.

"How have you been doing?" I asked her, this time around.

"I'm good," Yasmin stated, "It does sort of suck that Lily isn't here though. I know that she loves this sort of thing. More to the point, she loves fireworks," she informed me.

"I hope that she gets better soon," I replied, then.

Yasmin gave a nod of agreement.

"Hey, I'm going to go and hang out with those two for a moment. Do they have marshmallows?" she asked, as she looked towards Xena and Winona.

"They certainly do," I replied, "Have fun!" I told her, and observed her walk away for a moment.

I returned my attention to the sky, and felt the hairs rise up on my arms due to the bitter nature of the wind.

I took it upon myself to go and grab a hot chocolate from one of the local stalls.

Once I got there, I found that I wasn't the only person who had decided upon this, for Zara was stood there, too.

I engaged in a bout of awkward eye contact with her for a moment, before she spoke to me.

"Hey Selina," she greeted me.

"Hey Zara," I replied.

"I wanted to talk to you and let you know that I hold nothing against you, when it comes to this whole Lily situation thing. The whole affair is frankly pretty stupid. I was just jealous because I liked Lance at one point and I also liked... Well, that doesn't matter," she said, "The point is, I wanted to apologise."

I nodded in agreement, at that.

"I accept your apology," I replied.

She gave me a smile, then, and turned back to the stall.

"Hey, I'll get you a hot chocolate if you want?" she offered.

"That would be great, Zara. Thank you," I told her with a smile, feeling as though a small weight has lifted.

I just hoped that me being allied with Zara wouldn't cause Lily and I to be at further odds with one another.