Chapter Twenty-Nine- I Dance In The Moonlight

February came around quickly, and with it brought slightly warmer weather, but also my sister Violet's birthday. 

I just hoped that she had received the presents that I had sent to her in the mail. 

I was going to see her at the weekend, of course, but for now I had to rely on my trusty card that I had ordered for her online, and a box of chocolates and a framed collage of a photo of the two of us over the years, too. 

I would miss seeing her this year, but I knew that I was skilled when it came to adapting to my situation. It just so happened that I was far away from Violet this year, but I knew that I would see her soon enough. 

Apart from this, she also had our amazing parents to be there for her, too. 

The last time my father had spoken to me on the phone, he had told me that my mother was doing a little better, which had certainly been reassuring. She really did deserve more, and I was glad that she was a little happier. 

The excellent doctors that had been taking care of her could be thanked in part, but I also was aware of just how much work Violet and my father put in, too, and I had to admire the both of them for it. 

While I got ready for the day, I planned a phone call to my sister, just so that I could ask her how her day was going. 

After I had got dressed into a red jumper and indigo jeans, I quickly pressed on Violet's name in my contact list. 

Soon enough, she answered it. 

"Happy birthday, Vi!" I exclaimed to her. 

"Hey you!" she replied and I could hear the happiness in her voice. 

"How are you doing?" I asked her. 

There was a pause for a moment, as it sounded as though Violet was trying to shoo the cat away from opening a present. 

I couldn't help but smirk in slight amusement at that. 

"I'm okay, but your cat is literally trying to turn wrapping paper into a choking hazard," she informed me. 

"Just move her onto her climbing frame. She'll be fine," I stated. 

Violet chuckled. 

"Okay. I'm good, though. I miss you, still," she stated. 

"Likewise. I promise I'll visit this weekend," I said. 

"Good. You better. Don't get caught up with anything," she said, and her voice carried a warning in it. 

I knew that by 'anything', she was actually referring to Lily, but I had already spoken to Lily about the whole thing. She understood that I was going to go and visit my family for a short while, and she was completely cool with it. 

"I'm just going to go and check on our mother, Selina," Violet informed me. She had been incredibly dutiful when it had come to taking care of her recently, and I was so thankful that I had her looking out for our mother as often as possible while I wasn't there. 

"Okay, call you again later?" I asked. 

"Speak to you soon," she replied, and I could hear the smile in her voice, as she hung up the call. 

I soon wandered out into the hall to find a robin, that had somehow flown in through the window. 

"Winona!" I called to her. 

She stepped out into the hall and looked towards me with an expression of curiosity, before her eyes travelled to the bird currently trying to fly away from us across the hallway.