Chapter Ten- I Go To A Halloween Party

The day of the Halloween party came around a lot sooner than I had expected it to. 

However, I could honestly say that I was looking forward to it, and seeing all the costumes that everyone would wear. 

I had decided to go as a witch. 

In the meantime, I knew that Winona was going as a cat, and X was going as a leopard. 

I had no idea what Lily was going as, yet, and in all honesty I still wasn't sure why I was considering it so much, but here we were. 

"Hey loser," Lily said, then. 

"Hey," I said. 

"Oh, so you answer to that, too. Good to know," she stated. 

I just gave her a look of curiosity. 

"So, what are you going to dress up as for the party tonight?" she asked, "You have a few hours," she reminded me. 

I just smiled sweetly, if it was possible, because I couldn't deny that Lily was getting on my rather sensitive nerves. 

"I'm going to be a witch," I told her. 

"Ooh, I like it," she said. 

"What about you?" I wondered aloud. 

"A lioness," she said, giving me a slight wink as she moved her hand into a claw gesture, and clawed the air for a second, before walking on ahead. 

I just followed behind her, because I knew that she was more than likely on her way to the library, just as I was.

She turned to me and smirked for a moment. 

"Do I have a fan?" she inquired. 

"No," I said, "I'm just heading your way, Everett. Come on. It doesn't mean that I'm 'your fan'," I told her. 

She smirked all the same. 

"Sounds like something a fan would say," she replied nonchalantly. 

I wasn't even going to begin to argue with her on this one. 

Once we had entered the library, Ulric could be found scanning one of the shelves, probably for the perfect study book, I figured. 

He had started taking Latin, on top of his other studies, and I had no idea how he was handling it all, but I did have to admit that I sort of admired him for it. 

"Hey Ulric," Lily said, tapping him gently on the shoulder, as she met with him. 

"Hey Lil," he replied, gathering her into a quick hug, in return. 

"This book is good, by the way," she said then, as she picked up a red textbook and passed it to him. 

Ulric simply met her with a look of curiosity. 

"I know that because my brother used it for his final year exams back in college," she informed him. 

"Ah," Ulric said, giving a nod of understanding in return to that. 

"It's true, I did," Lance stated, as he joined the three of us, then, to make us a group of four, now, I supposed.

Lance had a habit of not sticking around all that long, though. 

"Lance!" Lily said excitedly, but then toned her voice down a little, tucking some hair behind her ear, as the librarian stared towards her with beady eyes. 

"How are you doing, Lily?" Lance asked, with a half-smile of amusement, as a dimple became visible in his cheek. 

Of course it made sense for him to have dimples. Every other feature that he occupied belonged to that of a heart throb.