Chapter Two- I Settle In

Okay, so maybe Violet had a point on the phone, a couple of nights back, about it being difficult to make friends when the only time you willingly left your dorm room was to go and make pot noodles.  

That being said, I couldn't help being an introvert. It was just something that happened to be the case. 

Occasionally, I wished that my dorm room mates were the same, because after being woken up at 1 a.m. several days in a row now, due to their parties, it was safe to say I was getting a little annoyed. 

That was why when the sun was setting one afternoon, I had decided enough was enough. 

I was going to have to go and speak to my fellow residents, and see if something could be done. 

I wasn't holding out a lot of hope for that one, but regardless...I was going to see what I could do. 

I just had to pluck up the courage and go and speak to them. 

That, it appeared, was one of the most difficult parts of the puzzle. 

I stepped out of my dorm room, after throwing my hair up into a messy ponytail, and quickly realised that I wasn't alone. 

A brunette was standing in the hall, leant slightly against the wall as she played on her Nintendo. She soon looked up towards me, and her eyes brightened slightly. 

"Aw man," she said. 

I released a nervous laugh. 

"Everything okay?" I asked her. 

"Yeah. I just...lost, again. Damn. I'm going to win this level. I just have to beat the final boss," she stated. 

I nodded. 

"Right," I said. 

"You don't come out of your room much, huh? Name's Winona, by the way, and you are?" she asked me. 

"Selina Cooper," I stated. 

"Well, Selina Cooper, I'm Winona Grace. It's nice to meet you," she grinned. 

"Nice to meet you, too," I said. 

Well, she seemed nice, and it was probably safe to say that she wasn't the one behind these crazy parties that had been hosted recently. 

A girl soon wandered down the hall towards us, with a bounce in her step. 

She had ash-blonde hair, and green eyes that narrowed slightly at me, before she turned to Winona and smiled, revealing perfectly straight, white, teeth. 

"Hey Winny!" she said. 

"It's just Winona," Winona stated. 

"Right, right," she stated, and then turned to me with a perfectly arched brow. Her gaze was communicative of her curiosity.

I just swallowed. 

"And you are?" she asked me. 

"I could ask you the same question," I replied. 

Winona scoffed, causing the other girl to look at her, but she simply shrugged and returned to trying to defeat the boss again. 

"I'm Zara Ashers, but you would probably come to realise that soon, anyway. And once again, I ask, who are you?" she inquired. 

"I'm Selina- Selina Cooper," I told her. 

She moved a hand through her blonde hair, moving it over to the other side of her head, as her mouth moved into a serious line.