Chapter Thirty-Two- I Really Adore You

I felt like I was floating through a dream world, in the knowledge that Lily loved me, but pinching wouldn't cause me to wake up.

This wasn't a dream.

Lily really did love me, and I knew that I loved her back.

Did it feel crazy to me that we had only barely known each other several months back? Yes.

I felt as though I had known her for a lifetime at this point.

Although our relationship was moving so quickly, it also felt so right. I knew that you couldn't put a time frame on love. I just hoped that Lily's would last a long time.

I couldn't help but smile as my eyes drifted towards the flowers that she had gifted me. They now sat perfectly in a vase positioned on one of my window sills.

I really wanted to see her, but she had gone home to visit Lina and her father for a short while.

After getting ready for the day, I wandered myself out into the hall to find Ulric stood there. He was probably on the search for Winona or Xena. The three of them had been playing video games together recently after realising they had that in common.

I thought it would be a cool idea if they all banded together and made their own gaming society, but I already knew that our schedules were all fiercely occupied already.

"Happy birthday, Ulric!" I told him.

It was certain a great day for it. The weather was warming up, and the sun was out, creating a glorious glow down upon our university.

"Hey Selina! Thank you," he told me, with a kindhearted smile apparent on his face.

"Of course! What are you going to get up to?" I asked him.

"Well, I'm probably going to go and watch a movie with Zara," he told me, "But then I'll be back for cake and drinks?"

"Sounds good!" I told him, with a lilt to my voice.

"I'll see you around, Selina," he stated, and headed off. 

Yasmin soon wandered out of her room with a grin on her face. 

"You look happy," I said. 

She nodded in concurrence. 

"I am happy. I just finished my extended project!" Yasmin informed me. Over the past few weeks, she had busily been working away on an extended project on performance arts, particularly musicals. 

"That's amazing, Yas!" I replied. 

She smiled my way with excitement. 

"Thank you, Selina. I really did try my best. So, do you know when we can expect Lily to get back?" she inquired. 

"I'm not so sure yet, but I'm hoping I'll see her soon," I stated then. 

She nodded understandingly, as she seemed to think things over for a moment. 

"How are things going with her, by the way?" she asked me. 

"Well..." I trailed off. 

Yasmin looked as though she was deliberating on whether to ask me any more questions, but then she moved decisively forward in speaking again. 

"Something seriously happened didn't it?" she asked me. 

"Well, you know we kissed. A few days back, though, Lily told me she loved me," I said. 

Yasmin's bright eyes enlarged a little in her surprise. 

"She did?" 

"Yes, she did," I stated.