Chapter Seven- I Get Involved In A Food Fight

While I believed that everyone had a good time at the party, I still believed that there was some tension between Zara and Lily, even though Lily had eventually allowed Zara to attend the whole thing. 

I had to admit that it boggled my mind as to what those two had gone through to become at odds with one another, but I wasn't about to intrude on that little situation. 

I was sure the truth would come out sooner or later. 

In the mean time, I had been studying with Winona, and it was safe to say that the two of us were doing pretty well. 

On the last pop quiz the both of us had gotten As! We had been extremely proud of ourselves. 

"Hey, you okay?" Winona asked me. 

"I'm okay," I replied. 

"Good! Are you really, though?" she asked me. 

"Win," I said. 

Winona just gave me a look. 

"Sorry, I know, I know. I suppose I'm just protective of you. You're like the younger sister I never had," she stated, with a warm glint in her eye. 

I just smiled back at her. 

"Well, it's pretty great to feel I have two sisterly figures looking out for me," I told her, then. 

"Yeah! You should introduce me to your sister, Violet, some time," she told me. 

I smiled. 

"I can do that," I stated. 

She grinned back at me. 

"Awesome," she said. 

X soon joined the two of us on the campus green and looked towards us with interest. 

"How are my best friends doing?" they asked. 

"Taking a break from studying," I said decisively, shutting my book closed. 

"Good choice! Me too," Winona added, closing her own book, with a satisfied smile upon her face. 

"Good to know," X stated. 

I had to wonder where Lily and Zara were. 

I actually hadn't seen either of them in some time, so I assumed they were together. 

"I'm hungry. Do you guys want to-" X started to say. 

"Yes," Winona and I said in unison, as we packed our textbooks back into our bags, and walked with X to the canteen. 

Once we were there, we immediately went to get ourselves the dinner of the day- spaghetti, and then found a free table so that we could sit together. 

It just so happened to be the case that Lily was also sitting at that table, along with some of her friends. 

"Hey, Lils," Winona greeted her. 

Lily turned to her with a sweet smile, "Hi Winona," she said, moving a hand through her light blonde hair. 

It seemed as though it had highlights in it, now, and I simply figured that she had probably dyed it over the weekend. 

"Shoot. It's exactly one month until your birthday today, Win. I should throw you a party," she stated. 

Winona smiled in appreciation. 

"I would love that, Lily. Thank you," she told her. 

"Of course!" Lily replied with sincerity, as her grey eyes appeared a little warmer, as though the former ice in them was melting. 

Except, once Lily turned her attention to me, her eyes seemed colder once again. 

Then again, it may have just been the draft coming through one of the canteen windows. 

Was it hailing outside? 

It looked that way. 

You could trust England to have incredibly unpredictable weather. 

The only certain thing about the weather was its unpredictability, after all. 

Speaking of unpredictability, Zara soon stormed into the canteen and yelled towards Lily. 

"Lily!" she yelled. 

"Great," Lily said, facepalming, and then proceeding to hide under the table. 

"Where is she?" she asked me. 

I smirked, in amusement, but I felt someone punch my ankle and figured it was Lily. 

"Ow! I mean- I don't know where she is," I stated, "Probably Mongolia, Aberdeen, Zimbabwe, Haiti." 

Zara narrowed her eyes at me. 

"She's under the table, isn't she?" she asked then. 

"No!" I said, dragging on the 'o'. 

I heard a sigh from under the table then, as Lily came out from under it again. 

"Lily! Fancy seeing you here!" I said. 

She just gave me a look. 

"Did Yasmin sleep with Lance, you bitch, and be honest?" Zara asked. 

Lily narrowed her eyes at Zara. 

"First things first, bitch, don't call me a bitch. Second of all, no, she didn't. Yasmin doesn't sleep with people straight away. She's not into that. Thirdly, don't call me a bitch," Lily said again, and then proceeded to throw some of her spaghetti right into Zara's hair. 

Zara gasped. 

"What's going on here?" Yasmin asked, as she entered the scene. 

"Did you sleep with Lance?" Zara asked her. 

Yasmin looked considerably hurt by such an accusation. 

"No, I didn't. And anyway, he's not your boyfriend, Zara," she stated. 

"He's not yours, either, but that doesn't stop you from being possessive over him," Zara accused. 

"That's because he's my friend," Yasmin replied, and in her irritation, she picked up a meatball off of Lily's plate and threw it directly at Zara's nose. 

"Oh, that does it," Zara said, picking up a bread roll from my plate, and proceeding to throw it. 

It missed, of course, and hit me. 

"Excuse me," I said, and picked up some cheese and threw it towards her, but it accidentally ended up getting on Lily, too. 

Lily just chuckled, her gaze darkening. 

"Oh man. You're in trouble," she said, as she threw a piece of broccoli at me. 

"Guys, guys! Calm down, will you? We're all going to be expelled," Yasmin said in a worried tone. 

"Then expel away," Lily said, with a generous glint of amusement evident in her gaze, "This is the most fun that I have had in ages." 

The food fight began to become more widespread then, as people continued to throw food and cheese and various other sources of mess at each other. 

In the end, the dinner lady erupted in anger. 

"Everybody quiet!" she yelled. 

We stopped. 

"I am completely disgusted by the behaviour I have observed this lunchtime, ladies," she stated, "Selina, Zara, Yasmin and Lily, all of you are going to be placed on kitchen duty for the next five days," she informed us. 

Lily giggled once she had walked away, but Zara simply walked away in her irritation.