Chapter Sixteen- I Find Out Some Things

When the end of November came around, I decided that it was probably time to begin to decorate my university dorm a little more. 

At least, I had been so occupied with meeting new people, studying, dealing with the drama that was Lily Everett, that I hadn't gotten around to it just yet. 

I decided to place some posters on the wall of my favourite musicals, and then proceeded to put up the pictures of my family, too. 

I smiled back at the photograph of all of their lovely faces, feeling a little warmer as I did so. 

I loved being at university now, save for everything going on with Lily, but I did have to admit to missing my parents and sister, too, even if she could be slightly temperamental at times. 

In saying that, though, she definitely was not as temperamental as one Lily Everett. 

That was a whole other situation, though. 

Although we had been talking on occasion, after our previous disagreement, if you could even call it that, I hadn't seen much of her. 

I had to admit, that matter did take me slightly by surprise, given the fact that Lily was always seemingly everywhere. 

She would just crop up whenever I went out or met up with the others, and then the air in the room would suddenly drop about thirty degrees. 

Regardless, I was determined to find out more about her, so that I could truly understand what was going on with the girl who appeared to hate me so much. 

After I was content with how I had decorated my room, drawn the blinds and made my bed, I headed outside. 

Once I was there, I soon found Lance sat underneath an oak tree, on the main campus grounds. 

"Hey Lance. How are you doing?" I greeted him. 

"I'm good, thanks, Selina. Just relaxing. How are you?"  he asked. 

I sat beside him and began to fiddle with a daisy in the ground. 

"I'm okay," I replied. 

He looked towards me then, perceptively. 

"Is something on your mind?" he asked. 

"I suppose there is. A few days back Lily basically told me she hated me, to put it simply." 

Lance's eyebrows crinkled together slightly, as he gave me a concerned expression. 

"She doesn't, trust me. Lily has a habit of impulsively saying things she doesn't really mean. And...she's always been odd around certain girls, usually because of- well, never mind. I can't tell you that or she'll kill me. What I can tell you is that Zara and Lily had a thing a while back, but shortly after that, Zara had so much internalised disgust at herself that she broke it off with Lily and pretended nothing had happened. She outed Lily to the entire school. Our dad still doesn't know, though. Anyway, it messed up Lily's trust, and I know that doesn't excuse what she said to you, but I hope it can somewhat explain it," Lance told me, then. 

I just listened intently until he was done, and when his warm eyes met my own again, I felt a little lighter. 

Huh. 

So, Zara and Lily had been a thing. That was interesting. 

It still didn't entirely explain why Lily was the way that she, well, was around me. However, it cleared up some things. 

For one, I supposed I had never really considered liking girls before I had become aware that Violet did, and now that I knew Lily did, too, it made me feel a little more secure in the fact that my attraction for guys had never ever truly gone beyond aesthetic attraction most of the time.