Chapter Thirty-Three- I Reach My Happy Beginning

I was glad that the weekend brought with it time to spend with my family. My mother was doing much better; my father's car business was taking off well, and Violet was working at her part-time job while trying to form somewhat of a civil relationship with the household cat. 

Being at home meant that I was able to help all of them out, and be there for when my mother was struggling, too. I had always been able to sense when she needed a little extra support, and I was glad that I was only a room away now, and not a couple of hours.

Family time brought with it a wealth of positives, but on the flip side of that, I had to admit to missing Lily dearly. 

Each time I looked towards the photo of the two of us that I had on my phone, which we had recently taken, I missed her a little bit more. 

Violet's overall response to this had been 'yuck' but I think that over all my family were really content with her being my girlfriend, which made me feel so incredibly secure. It was important for the people that I loved so much in the world to be able to get along with one another, and I knew that would be a good thing if Lily did end up moving in with us for the summer. 

I had told my father about this, and his response was that he would see what he could do. As he had a habit of being able to make things work for our family, I was hoping that this time around would be the same. 

I took my mind off of my thoughts for a moment, styling my hair into gentle curls, before wandering downstairs and into the kitchen to see what the rest of my family were up to. 

 Soon enough, I found Violet texting away on her phone, with this look of adoration evident in her gaze. 

She looked up towards me and made her face into a serious expression. 

"Who are you texting?" I asked her. 

"Only the love of my life," she joked. 

Well, at least I thought she was joking, I could never be too sure. Violet had recently gotten a new girlfriend, though, which was why it was so fortunate that my parents were supportive. 

I knew intuitively that there was more to this little situation than my sister was letting on, though. 

"And who would the love of your life be, Vi?" I asked her. 

"I can't tell you that. I met her a while ago, though, back when i visited you," she stated. 

I couldn't help it. I was just way too curious. 

"I'm going to work this out," I said. 

"Alright, I trust you, Selina. Just don't freak out, okay?" she asked me, then. 

I nodded in agreement. 

"It's Winona," she said. 

I just felt my mouth come agape. 

"Hold on a moment...Winona like my friend Winona?" I asked her, then. 

"Are there many other Winonas?" she wondered. 

My father soon stepped into the kitchen, and my sister simply gave a shake of her head as if to signal for me not to tell him anything. 

She need not worry, as her secret was pretty safe with me. I was still curious as to how this had happened, though. I supposed that all the while Winona had been busy, she may have actually been meeting up with Violet in secret. Weird to think about, honestly, but all the same I knew that the both of them were kindhearted spirits. They would be good together. 

I still felt it amusing that my sister had ended up dating my best friend, though. At least one of my best friends. 

"Are you girls okay?" my dad asked, as he grabbed a drink, probably planning on returning outside soon.