Chapter Fourteen- I Think She's Flirting With Me

Despite having only been at university a few months, it felt as though that time had been a lot longer, but that wasn't a bad thing. I supposed that it just meant that I had gotten quite close to my current friends, especially Yasmin, Winona and Xena. 

Unfortunately, I couldn't add Lily to that list, and I was trying to not recall the whole fiasco that had occurred at Winona's birthday party several nights back. 

It made me blush in embarrassment just thinking about it. 

Fortunately, nobody had actually informed Lily of what had happened. 

So, that was a good thing. 

I had mostly spent my days since then  hanging out with the people that I knew that I could trust, and I was grateful that I was able to add Yasmin to that list. 

She was a really lovely person, in all honesty, which made me have to question why on Earth she was such good friends with Lily. 

Still, though, it had been especially nice of her to have made sure I got home safe. Lance, too. 

I supposed that Lance was just one of the nicer members of the Everett family. 

Lina didn't seem all that bad, either, though. 

She was supposedly visiting soon. So, that would probably mean that Lily would be spending the majority of time with her siblings, and I wouldn't have to become concerned about any drama taking place between the two of us, again. 

When I eventually decided to leave my room, as the sun had started shining outside again, I found Lance and Lily stood in the hall way. 

"Hey Selina," Lily greeted me. 

"Hey," I replied, "Hey Lance," I added. 

He turned to me with a kind expression. 

"Hey Selina," he stated. 

Lily's voice had seemed pleasant enough, when she had addressed me, but I couldn't help but question whether she was just putting it on as a show. 

Either way, I was curious to find out how they both were. I hadn't spoken to them in a few days. 

"How are you two doing?" I asked. 

"I'm great thank you, Selina. How are you?" Lance inquired. 

"I'm doing better!" I told him, feeling a little brighter. 

I just hoped that Lance wasn't planning on leaving me any time soon. 

I could already feel the air becoming a little colder by simply looking at Lily Everett. 

"Did you know we have a test soon, Selina? I'm sure I'll do great on it. After all, I did have to literally run away from these weirdos at the club, the other night, just so I could get home in time to study. That's what I call dedication," she stated, and flipped some hair over her shoulder. 

Why did I get the sense that she was lying? 

Regardless, I wasn't about to find out what had happened there, even if my interest had been peaked. 

Before she could speak any further on the matter, her sister entered the dormitories. She wasn't planning on staying long this time around, and I noticed as much due to the fact that she didn't have a bag with her. 

"Lily!" she exclaimed, "Lance, too! Hi you two," she said with a sweet smile. 

Lily rushed over to wrap her arms around Lily.